Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roost €3 a drink?

• 14-08-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Heard a rumour that the Roost is doing €3 a drink on Mondays nights :D

Any truth in this?

Fantastic news if true.

New LA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Anyone remember when the roost was cool? For 3 euro a drink I'll be forced to listen to some band doing a mash up of Beyonce and Oasis while the lead guitarist tries to pull some wasted 17 year old first year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Is it just me or has anyone else stopped going out in mayn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Looks like its true.
    Monday Nights
    Mad Monday €3 drinks, partying in the club until the late hours playing all the latest in the chart, pop, dance and rock songs.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7633927818

lordgoat wrote: »
    Is it just me or has anyone else stopped going out in mayn?

What!!!

I love heading out in Maynooth though I think thats because I love the college crowd and not the place.

No doubt it will be packed now on a Monday night but prob not as bad Thursday night.

Chart, pop, dance and "rock" songs? Cool. I'll see you all there guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I ****ing hate that little ****ty club in the Roost.

I'll stick to the pub part.

• Advertisement

Holsten wrote: »
    I ****ing hate that little ****ty club in the Roost.

Here now, I won't have you dissing ma bro Lorcan from Fair City. He's ace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

The swine, they do this as soon as I leave. I had to sit through too many nights in the la looking at the scangers think they were students

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    LOLWUT?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

LeixlipRed wrote: »

No he's not. He sucks real bad. Brady's get the music right, its just a pioty it gets so packed and sweaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Oh god, I can't decide if this is good or bad.

• Advertisement

Beau wrote: »
    No he's not. He sucks real bad. Brady's get the music right, its just a pioty it gets so packed and sweaty.

Go here please
    >sarcasmdetectors.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Roost beer garden is where all the craic is!
    Beach balls flying everywhere!!
    Only thing better is Caulfield's on a Monday, Epic Jazz Orgy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Graca

it's true. I was there! lol jk

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

wat the fook is up with having every bloody drink promo on a mon night... its riduculus... thats 3 bars that have a promo now... i'm waiting for bradys to start one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Fúck Bradys and the shower of árse bags,coked up builders and hairdressers that pollute its ****ty bar!!! Plus the little midget shíthead cócksucker of a bouncer just adds to the long list of reasons why the place should be filled with semtex and blown up while the dance floor is jam packed full of people appreciating the musical genius that is Mark McCabes maniac!!

The roost is grand apart from the pack hunters who seem to descend like flies on every woman who walks out to the smoking section like they were fresh bum biscuits!

3euro a drink sounds good though.

briantwin wrote: »
    Fúck Bradys and the shower of árse bags,coked up builders and hairdressers that pollute its ****ty bar!!! Plus the little midget shíthead cócksucker of a bouncer just adds to the long list of reasons why the place should be filled with semtex and blown up while the dance floor is jam packed full of people appreciating the musical genius that is Mark McCabes maniac!!

The roost is grand apart from the pack hunters who seem to descend like flies on every woman who walks out to the smoking section like they were fresh bum biscuits!

haha someone is clearly barred... do you honestly think the roost is THAT different from bradys anyway???
    **** music, bouncers can be dicks, pints stink unless you go downstairs.... jesus yeah theres so much of a difference!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

:D Ha ha. That's funny.

Ah I miss Brady's so I do :( Will be back there in a few weeks though for a reunion, woo hoo! :)

moggins7 wrote: »
    haha someone is clearly barred... do you honestly think the roost is THAT different from bradys anyway???
    **** music, bouncers can be dicks, pints stink unless you go downstairs.... jesus yeah theres so much of a difference!!!

The music varies in the roost...alot better than the same "Now thats what i call music" selection being played night after night. The bouncers "can" be dicks,can being the operative word unlike that little fúckhead outside the front of Bradys spewing his aggression at all and sundry,with an attitude befitting a ferrell inbred jack russell. The pints in the roost are grand except for the disco bar,but sure if you're up there you're probably full as feckin bingo bus anyway so taste wont matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

This guy talks complete sense, but that bouncer is a manager ;)

The pints in the roost are grand except for the disco bar,but sure if you're up there you're probably full as feckin bingo bus anyway so taste wont matter.
    but taste always matters... unless your pissed and drinkin weissbier then everything tastes like bananas....

but bradys an the roost play the same **** week in week out, well bradys has slight more cheese but both places fairly **** all the same. come to think of it o neills is the only place that can play half decent music... well.... bah, cat, lemon....:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Never.....That excuse for a scrotal lesion which in turn is an excuse for a substandard human is a manager? We are talking about the same shaven headed pygmy ape with the face of a sex offender and the personality of an anal fistulla**??

**Apologies to all anal fistullas which take offense from this comparison

Ape Features is a manager now? You sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ape Features is a manager now? You sure?

When I went to give out about a mate of mine not getting in I asked for the on duty manager and was pointed to him. I took him to the side and had a few words with him and he told me he was the duty manager and my friend was let back in.

@Briantwin - Yeah, that's the one :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yip he's management. As he refused to let one of my friends in they refered to him as a bouncer. He toof offense to this declaring his management credentials. I'm actually hoping he stops me goign in some night so i can have conversation with him...

Never had any problems with him myself because I practically lived there but I know lots of people (including a lot of girls) who have had hassle with him. Can't believe they let the grunt become duty manager. Ah they just gave him a fancy name because he was giving out probably, he's still a bouncer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

When you have enough drink on you, Mark McCabe is not only a genius, he's a God.

I hate the majority of music played in night clubs, but I'll sing along to most cos I'ma having fun with my friends. If you're on a night out to appreciate music in the roost/brady's/etc., good luck.

Caufields on a Monday is an exception. :)

Failing all this, lets go get drunk and pick up a 17-year old 1st year. :cool:

Failing all this, lets go get drunk and pick up a 17-year old 1st year. :cool:

Oi, none of that. Keep that as an inside voice thing.

first years ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Roost ftw mainly coz of the hot lad that works there on the floor.. Tall, dark, yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

On their bebo site it says FROM €3.50 a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

cian1500ww wrote: »
    On their bebo site it says FROM €3.50 a drink.

Bent. Obviously pulled out of the €3 drinks idea. I bet they'll charge €3.50 for a pint of fosters and that's all :rolleyes:

Advertisement