Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is worse?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Which is worse? Waiting for your leaving cert results or waiting for your CAO offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I didnt get nervous at all, and I know Ive got my course so its all the same!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Add a poll me thinks.
    Include an atari jaguar.

It probably depends on how set you are on one particular course in one particular college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

The results were way more nerve wrecking, at least ive a fair bit of an idea of what to expect on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Add a poll me thinks.
    Include an atari jaguar.

It probably depends on how set you are on one particular course in one particular college.

You add a poll.......I don't know how :o

If someone adds this as a poll I give the Mod permission to delete my thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I wasn't planning going to go to college this year because I failed Irish and English. So I was very relaxed about the whole results thing. I'm not 18 until next May so repeating wasn't a huge problem. No rush to get to university.

Then it turned out I didn't fail either of them and my points are well above last year's. But there is still a small possibility that they could shoot up this year, and I now want to go to college this year, so there's actually stuff at stake, which makes the wait is a little worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It all depends.
    I was fairly nervous waiting for my Leaving Cert results because I thought I didn't do as well as I should have. Then I got them and I did better than I initially thought.
    I was excited waiting for my CAO because I knew I had my course with 100+ points to spare.
    But if you've done well and are still only in and around the minimum entry points for your particular course, then waiting for the CAO can be torturous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pedanticwretch

The few free days you have before the Leaving Cert begins is a total nightmare, it beats the other two things by a mile!!
    If you fall 50 points short of your course then you don't care about CAO offers, do you? and vice vearsa! so just waiting to get the LC over with is arduous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

A silly question but whats all this atari jaguar thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

SRFC90 wrote: »
    A silly question but whats all this atari jaguar thing?

lol, n00b!!! :D:D
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Atari_Jaguar

In a poll it means "I don't care"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

lol, n00b!!! :D:D
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Atari_Jaguar

In a poll it means "I don't care"

No, i understood that thats what it stood for just didnt know why that was used!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

I thought id failed honours maths and didnt so defo results for me. I know ill get at least BESS which isnt my 1st choice but tbh i'm delighted just to get in to college!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

SRFC90 wrote: »
    No, i understood that thats what it stood for just didnt know why that was used!!:D

Polls are fun:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

I think that waiting for the offer is worse. Got 500 points and hoping to get the BCL in NUIG. Was 490 with random selection in 2007 so I am sh1tting bricks thinking of a 15 point jump

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Results was worse(thought I failed Irish ,got a C1 wtf?!?!?!?) for me but I am sure I will get my place.

Monday for me is about ticking a box lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

It all depends.
    I was fairly nervous waiting for my Leaving Cert results because I thought I didn't do as well as I should have. Then I got them and I did better than I initially thought.
    I was excited waiting for my CAO because I knew I had my course with 100+ points to spare.
    But if you've done well and are still only in and around the minimum entry points for your particular course, then waiting for the CAO can be torturous.

yes square, that pretty much sums up this whole thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

i got my results last year and i was very nervous! my results were around what the previous years points were on my prefered courses so i was equally nervous for the offers i think. I took my level 7 offer last year and hated it so dropped out, worked for the year and reapplied for the arts course id turned down. I know i got it last year but there are 3500 more leaving cert students this year so i have the same agonising wait!! The offers would only not make you nervous if you were well well above the last years points.

Do you think the points on arts will go up this year? I have about 10 points to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Waiting for the course is more wrecking if you repeat(imo). You just want to get the course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Waiting for results was definitely worse. But I suppose I can only say that because I know I definitely have my course.

It's the people who are within a few points of last year that I feel sorry for - lucky them get to be incredibly nervous twice. :rolleyes:
    I'm anxious enough for a few of my friends who are just praying their courses don't go up by 5 or 10 points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

After getting the offer last year it'd really suck for me not to get it this year! Im the only person i know waiting for offers this year too, last year i had plenty of people to moan to. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 me!

waiting for the results was HELL!!!!!! waitig for offers really just doesn't even compare. granted it's still not nice as obviously you're still not sure what way your life is going but you should have a fair idea of your chances of getting your course.......hopefully!!!! best of luck to everybody btw:):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement