Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AHHH.... Bastards Stole My Bike!! I Need advice Please

Options
  • 14-08-2008 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I just need to shout this out loud! Vent

I had a Claud Butler hand built mountain bike, which I had 3 good locks on, attached to a metal staircase in the back garden of Rented accommodation. BASTARDS!!

I'm just so pissed off.

It was about 10yrs old but it was as good as new, I didn't use it that often, and I moved into a Bedsit this year and had nowhere else to lock it too.

I may need to buy a cheap secondhand bike for the road, light weight if possible. I'm sick:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Condolences. I don't know of much you can do apart from the usual Gardai, bike shops, serial number etc.

72oo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Check with the landlord just in case he was tidying up. Wishful thinking but.....

biggus wrote: »
    Check with the landlord just in case he was tidying up. Wishful thinking but.....

Actually check also to see if there's any insurance that he/she might have for items... (again wishful thinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Thanks guy's, I didn't have the serial number written down, I bought it second hand and I don't have any records of it. I checked with the landlord and he says he didn't move it, but he doesn't remember it either!! He had lads building a shed far out the back garden and he was with them most of the time but he said he didn't let them use cutting tools as they weren't insured to use them.

What do people think of this bike on ebay, no brand, but..

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320288824145&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Any advise on where to buy a good light weight secondhand bike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

That bike is 100 sterling for shipping alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

clown bag wrote: »
    That bike is 100 sterling for shipping alone.

I know but they are going for around 25pound sterling + postage, a few have been bought already for a total of 125 sterling

That went for 18 Euro in the end!!!!!

That's a just CRAZY CRAZY cheap price for a bike. How the did they make that thing, out of spit and Kleenex?
    Seriously that sounds so so dodgy. (I've images in my head of the frame shattering on a moderate decent with a bump in the road!). ~ Or maybe I'm wrong and these bikes are of an OK'ish standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sedohre,

sorry to hear bout the bike. I locked mine by the seatpost today, bastards wudnt even have needed a single tool! Luckily a mate told me this (after he took it for a spin) and I sprinted out to it. Hope ur back in the saddle soon!

Advertisement