Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Nokia phone on market at the moment

• 14-08-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a nokia phone on the market at the moment, i currently have a samsung G600 but fed up with it and want to go back to nokia. Like the E51, will be buying as PAYG as not due an upgrade for while yet. Cheers for any help. D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Need more info matey.
    What features do you want / use ?
    Would you be bothered about camera, screen size, internet browsing ?
    And most importantly, what's your budget ?
    IMHO the E51 is a standout buy in the 150e area. WiFi and HSDPA, great for browsing and YouTube etc. Sucky camera though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

long_b wrote: »
    Need more info matey.
    What features do you want / use ?
    Would you be bothered about camera, screen size, internet browsing ?
    And most importantly, what's your budget ?
    IMHO the E51 is a standout buy in the 150e area. WiFi and HSDPA, great for browsing and YouTube etc. Sucky camera though.

Wifi is a must, camera like a decent one but could manage without (have a digital camera). Is camera really bad on e51? Decent screen size would be good something to be able to view MMS on. Was also looking at 6300 and 6120

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

I was in the exact same predicament as you two weeks ago, my U600 broke and needed replacing (and I'm not due an upgrade). I had it narrowed down to the E51 and 6300, liked the looks/prices of both but eventually went for the E51. Great functionality, can install lots of useful applications (Doom :D, MSN, Skype etc.) and you just can't beat being on the couch and being logged into MSN (via Fring), your e-mail account and Skype (via Fring again). Oh and being able to surf the net without having to get up; Wifi is the best feature of the E51 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If your looking for msn and skype and looking at the 6120 get it on 3, both there applications are free and you wont incur any data charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

6120, 6300 don't have WiFi.

Tthe E51's camera has no flash. Apart from that it's 2MP which is on the lower end these days, but adequate for happy snaps.

I have a 6120 - it has the same size acreen and resolution as the E51. Nice little screen, does justice to MMS anyways.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1958&idPhone1=21061

Both the E51 and 6120 are Symbian Series 60, which means you can do many things at once (listen to radio, browse the web). There are more apps available for these than the 6300.

• Advertisement
Advertisement