Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billpay or Prepay

• 14-08-2008 10:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I did a search but couldn't find any threads on the issue.

I am currently on o2 prepay and I am thinking about moving to billpay.

No doubt many more have done the same and I am just wondering in general what people think are the advantages and disadvantages of moving to billpay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Theres a huge list of pros and cons that I can think of but I'm not bothered spending that long typing!

The main adv. of billpay for me is not having the hassle of running out of credit, simple as that really. Aside from that, the range and pricing of phones is generally better on billpay.

Main cons are that your bill can seriously run away from you if it's a busy month and allso there seem to be pretty good prepay offers around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I really depends on how much credit you spend per week. I used to spend about 30quid a week on credit with O2, but switched to Meteor and now pay 50 a month with 300 free minutes and free calls and texts off peak - after 6 and all weekend!!!

I never pay more than my minumum commitment and have just got an N95 for 50 euro on an upgrade - sweet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Right now from where I see it prepay looks more attractive with the free text offers. Billpay looks more attractive with the not having to worry about topups.

The market seems to be benefiting prepay more than average billpay users at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

about the topups, just set up text top up. That way it only takes seconds to top up and the bill can't get away from you.

Advertisement