Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Recommendations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dunno bout a 4000dpi mouse, I got a Saitek 3200dpi mouse and use it at 1600dpi for most games, any higher is just too sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I would suggest the G9 over the razer, just my personal preference as I find the razer are just a bit to slim for my taste. Also logitech have never let me down with mouses

Ive played around with the g15 and I didnt really like it. I found the keys just werent deep enough, kinda hard to explain but overall I didnt like it that much, but it is a nice keyboard and a lot of people swear by them. I have no experience or heard much about the razer Keyboard

Edit: PogMoThoin just reminded me about the razer sensitivity. He is correct. I also found it difficult to get the resolution just right for games, I was always constantly changing it.

Might be worth checking out any lan gaming in your area as im sure they will have at least 1 of the items you have listed and then you can check them out properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Razer Lycosa keyboard

and for the love of god don't get a g9 or that other piece of ****e.

for the mouse get either a logitech mx518, microsoft intelli explorer 3.0 or a razer deathadder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have the MS sidewinder. Works great if you dont have small hands and like a heavy mouse.

Keyboard wise they never make a difference to me. Wow hot keys... wow programable commands... Whop de fooking do. Standard dell keyboard user and more then happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No real need for a "gaming" keyboard.

Mousewise I'm using a SteelSeries Ikari - new purchase and really happy so far. Light, slim, kinda moulded into a comfortable shape. Also can set up two profiles (high & low sens) and easily interchange.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I have the MX518 mouse & I spotted a few on the bargain table in Harvey Normans at the Airside retail park, I picked one up as a spare for 19 quid & they had three more remaining at 4 o'clock yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Don't bother with the G15..waste of time. I found the older model better than the recent refresh especially for typing but since I'm a arrow player the macro keys were useless for me.

Do go with the G9..fabalous mouse..
    I was wary of the grip for it after using the G5/G7 for 2 years but it's the biz..
    plus I find I can click the buttons way faster than on any other mouse.
    I'm used the Microsoft explorer/ Logitech MX510, MX518, G5, Razer Copperhead ( hated it) G7/ G5 refresh and finally my beloved G9..
    You won't regret it. Logitech create great mice..extremely comfortable and each new release seems to get better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

On the mouse side of things I really like the Microsoft (razer) habu.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Thanks for the replies people.

I already have a G5 and a Saitek I Keyboard, I think I'm gonna give the G9 a try.

Still undecided about what keyboard to get.
    Macro's are not a requirement. More the look and feel of the keyboard.

The Lycosa looks nice but I'm a bit wary about them laptop looking shorter keys..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

A G15 & MX518 is all you'll ever need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement