Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dvd radio player

Options
  • 14-08-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I was looking at getting a dvd player for my car but theres so much of them out there.. Ebay seem to have a few nice touch screen ones ..

Was hoping if any of you guys could recommend a good one that you have/had..

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Only advice i can give you on these (Cos ive never bought one myself) is to buy a brand name one, especially if you are buying it off ebay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

The cheapest and best quality ones I've seen are the ones that Lidl do from time to time.

http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=133

A friend of mine as an E46 M3 and has one in it, and he is totally anal when it comes to car audio (his previous car had over €20,000 if ice).

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Never expected much from lidl but that looks good..
    Are they part of the special offers they do from week to week or is it permently there??
    Any idea if it will be back??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I would stay away from ebay. Most cases they will be more expensive (incl. postage) than actual retail stores in Ireland. I have been looking for one myself and comparing prices from ebay and shops here.

I decided not to get a touch screen one, but a 3.5in screen built in stereo. Might regret not getting the monitor but we will have to see.

Whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

oh right, just presumed ebay would be the cheapest!!

Eh Id say the most ill go is about 350 or around that.. Would love something a bit cheaper though!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 evo2er

Dont bother with the lidl one they are complete rubbish. I bought one and the cooling fan in the rear is really loud and it sometimes dont read sd cards. The touch screen is crap as well. 2 of my friends bought ones as well and they stopped working after a few weeks the screen stopped coming out. The sound is crap as well. If your looking for a good cheap one go to halfords and get a ripspeed one. For 350 in there you will get a very good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i'd say a ripspeed one aswell, a friend got one after 3 pioneer ones broke on him and he says there is never a bother with the ripspeed one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I have a Ripspeed one (non-touchscreen) and it's been OK. It sometimes struggles to play DVD-R discs with MP3s on them and has an annoying habit of stopping a track suddenly before it finishes (this is most obvious on MP3 DVD-R discs and becomes more frequent as you get nearer the end of the disc, in my experience). The radio isn't brilliant either, it doesn't pick up stations as strongly as other units I've had.

On the plus side the sound is decent from CDs and DVDs and the screen is good for DVDs, although it can be a bit hard to watch on bright days. The built-in amp gives a reasonable bang for the buck, too.

I also have one of the Lidl Silvercrest units but haven't gotten around to installing it yet, so I can't really comment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Be careful if you're buying from ebay, even buying brand names. Seen people with cheap chinese units bought on ebay, with "Pioneer" stickers on the side of the box. Seen others with major parts missing, looms, aerial tuner boxes etc.

Advertisement