Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good time to buy dollars?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭

My Girlfriend is heading off to New York in early November and shes wondering is now the time to buy dollars seeing as its value has been rising against the euro for the last couple of weeks.

Now i know you cant tell me for sure whens the best time to buy, but any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Personally i think she should wait it out a few weeks to see what happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The dollar has been very weak a good while now. In terms of waiting unless its a large amount I dont think it will make a difference. For 1k to dollars you will get $1452 (as BoI website) This is very good. The exchange rate could drop in a couple of weeks. Then again it could go up. Its a small risk your taking either way.

How much is she changing?

Advertisement