Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2001 Merc CLK200 (W208) Battery/Alternator Malfunction

Options
  • 14-08-2008 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

2001 CLK200 (W208) 80K. Car has been running fine. Car ran fine all day. On last run of the day, ESP and BAS malfunction light comes during journey, accompanied by strange buzzer/warning sound I have never heard before, the sound itself sounded like an intermittent buzzer. This was followed by the ABS Malfunction light and then the Battery/Alternator Malfunction light Vist Workshop. Began to lose power to the engine and revs increased with no power output. Pulled off into a car park, shut off car. Tried to start car, wouldn't turn over. Battery appears good, all lights, windows and radio etc work. Had car jumped which started car but battery not holding charge. Towed to storage until I call tomorrow. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MercCLK

If a new alternator is needed does anyone know how much this would cost to repalce? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MercCLK wrote: »
    If a new alternator is needed does anyone know how much this would cost to repalce? Thanks

Well sounds like generator... i could be wrong aswell. When battery goes dead car starts to mess around like that.

And your battery getting low , becouse its not getting recharged.

Advertisement