Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Electric Six

• 14-08-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Very underrated band me thinks.

I love this band, first time I saw them was about 3 years ago.

Check this one out for a show opener...Dick Valentine is a nutter.....
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vboGDSUGCyY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

They're ok. The lead guitarist in that band though is really good, he can shred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I just can't take that band seriously after such songs like 'High Voltage' & 'Gay Bar'.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I just can't take that band seriously after such songs like 'High Voltage' & 'Gay Bar'.
    I don't think they're really meant to be taken seriously

I heard they're playing here in September?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

God they're hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Max_Damage wrote: »

Seriously my ar$e, "Naked Pictures (Of Your Mother)"!!!! :p
    Anywho, saw them play the Warwick in Galway a few years ago, great gig and good fun.
    Never really ventured past their first 2 albums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They're a good band, fun stuff, and hardly meant to be taken 'seriously' now are they? Nah, just some good tunes with a sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Yep they're playing here in December but we cant talk about it :)

Deadskin you should get their last two albums 'Switzerland' and 'I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me From Being The Master' (Like how cool is it to get away with from the record company naming an album like that).

They have a new one coming out end of this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The gay bar and high voltage album was ok. A bit samey but I like their style. Though the high voltage video is a little disturbing. Giant glowing boobs and what not.

Advertisement