Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House prices have much further to fall: Morgan Kelly

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Are you suggesting the country is better off without landlords?

nope...just less trying to make a quick buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'll believe it when my bank balance starts declining.

So, you do have a vested interest in seeing rising rents, surprise surprise.

Are you suggesting the country is better off without landlords?

No. Speculators and the amateur BTL brigade are the ones who are responisble for declining rents, they are offloading their properties as capital appreciation has been massively reversed.
    Well you clearly haven't been following my debate for very long because at no point am I saying prices will not drop. I've stated that a number of times. My argument is clear for people to read for themselves without you putting words in my mouth paraphrasing what I haven't even said.

No it's not.

I'm still waiting on proof as to why 'The home you want has now become affordable' and waiting on proof of these 'PRTB rental figures' you espouse so much.

You just bring opinion but no facts, please correct me :D

(Ootermus as a new user, seriously, textspeak is really frowned upon on boards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Joseph Kuhr

gurramok wrote: »
    So, you do have a vested interest in seeing rising rents, surprise surprise.
    No not at all I'm quite happy the way they are and theres even room for some downward movement. Besides I'm not here to debate the rental market. Granted I should have resisted the urge to jump in but its hard when people are spouting out rubbish.

You want to take a good look at everyone else before you start accusing me of having a vested interest. A number of people here have been quite open about their vested interests on plummeting prices.

I'm still waiting on proof as to why 'The home you want has now become affordable'
    What are you talking about proof? I listed that as a reason why someone would want to move.
    and waiting on proof of these 'PRTB rental figures' you espouse so much.
    The figures are not published as far as I am aware. Although I could be wrong. You've missed my point though, my point is they have the real figures. DAFT certainly do not. DAFT have a rough draft of asking prices.

The DAFT report is about asking prices, thats a fact. I'm sorry I don't have a link to back that up but if you disagree with that then thats your prerogative but I think its a fairly obvious fact.
    You just bring opinion but no facts, please correct me :D
    I'm not an economist. I'm trying to explain to people the real situation out there and yes based on my opinion is that a problem?

At least I am not linking to articles based on speculation and deriving wild conclusions based on poor interpretations.

I think this thread has lost its way. I've made my point and people can read it and make what they want from it. I'm sure they have the intelligence to see who has the real vested interest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

N

I'm sure they have the intelligence to see who has the real vested interest here.

From every single one of your posts, I could clearly garnish that you are a Vested Interest. How deep in the poo are you?

In fairness, you are correct in saying this thread has lost its way. Lets put a lock on it and all agree to meet back this time next year and lets see where we stand then!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Both permanent and temp bans have issued to some parties in this thread (and other threads in this forum) for personal abuse of other posters. There is a charter for this forum stickied at the forum root. In addition, and fundamental to all forums on this website- if you disagree with what is posted in a thread- you refute that particular post, and do not attack the poster. I have banned over 10 people in this forum in the last week, but would ideally prefer people exercised a degree of civility towards each other, than having to met out punishment en-mass. Please respect fellow posters. If you disagree with their posts- refute the post, if necessary- point by point, without attacking the poster. I am fed up and will not issue warnings- behave, or be banned.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Advertisement

From every single one of your posts, I could clearly garnish that you are a Vested Interest. How deep in the poo are you?

In fairness, you are correct in saying this thread has lost its way. Lets put a lock on it and all agree to meet back this time next year and lets see where we stand then!

So what is my vested interest? That rents rise? How so? Because I disagree that the DAFT report reflects the reality of real rent prices? and what exactly do I gain by doing that? No see what I am doing there is disagreeing with the BS being spouted out on this thread. Thats it, no hidden meaning and no secret little plan to get more rent out of my tenants.

I'm here sifting through the horse crap giving my opinion on what the real situation is, period.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

I have a 2nd property

Exactly! Ive no interest in your master plan but the fact is, is that you are a BTL investor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No not at all I'm quite happy the way they are and theres even room for some downward movement. Besides I'm not here to debate the rental market. Granted I should have resisted the urge to jump in but its hard when people are spouting out rubbish.

What rubbish? Certain bullish folks here are spouting rubbish.
    You want to take a good look at everyone else before you start accusing me of having a vested interest. A number of people here have been quite open about their vested interests on plummeting prices.

You have an investment property rented out. Declining rents affect you, you have a vested interest to see that they do not decline as you lose money.
    What are you talking about proof? I listed that as a reason why someone would want to move.
    Which has been rubbished. You still have not shown how houses are affordable now, give us examples.
    The figures are not published as far as I am aware. Although I could be wrong. You've missed my point though, my point is they have the real figures. DAFT certainly do not. DAFT have a rough draft of asking prices.

The DAFT report is about asking prices, thats a fact. I'm sorry I don't have a link to back that up but if you disagree with that then thats your prerogative but I think its a fairly obvious fact.

Yes, the daft report is based on asking prices. So we dump those mysterious PRTB 'real' figures and rely on your street instinct :rolleyes:

Where are these facts? :rolleyes:
    I'm not an economist. I'm trying to explain to people the real situation out there and yes based on my opinion is that a problem?

No. when you mention facts, you do not produce them.
    At least I am not linking to articles based on speculation and deriving wild conclusions based on poor interpretations.

I think this thread has lost its way. I've made my point and people can read it and make what they want from it. I'm sure they have the intelligence to see who has the real vested interest here.

Big difference between buyers who have a vested interest in lower prices and the property/banking fraternity who have a vested interest in lumping young people with 35yr+ jumbo mortgages.

Your point is based on opinion without facts which has been strongly disagreed with by posters giving you facts.

What rubbish? Certain bullish folks here are spouting rubbish.

You have an investment property rented out. Declining rents affect you, you have a vested interest to see that they do not decline as you lose money.

Which has been rubbished. You still have not shown how houses are affordable now, give us examples.

Yes, the daft report is based on asking prices. So we dump those mysterious PRTB 'real' figures and rely on your street instinct :rolleyes:

Where are these facts? :rolleyes:

No. when you mention facts, you do not produce them.

Big difference between buyers who have a vested interest in lower prices and the property/banking fraternity who have a vested interest in lumping young people with 35yr+ jumbo mortgages.

Your point is based on opinion without facts which has been strongly disagreed with by posters giving you facts.

You must have a crystal ball if you know for a fact what is going to happen. What are you doing wasting your time on an internet forum hotshot? I have not refuted one "fact" that has been posted on here. All the facts are what happened in the past. Everything else has been wild speculation based on the facts. Theres a big difference.

Anyway, this thread has gone to the dogs. Does anyone here seriosuly expect someone to spend more than 5 seconds reading through all these petty arguments?

Exactly! Ive no interest in your master plan but the fact is, is that you are a BTL investor.

Very mature punchestown. Edit my post and take out the end of the sentence, make it look like I was saying something I wasn't. Sums up this thread nicely.

Well done on the mega thread btw, clearly your only interest on here has been to keep this going :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've had it.
    Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement