Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor/O2/Vodafone - better deal if you ask for one?

• 15-08-2008 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've heard a few rumors going around that if you ring up meteor/o2/Vodafone and ask nicely and in the right way you can often get better deals then are found on the internet. Is this true and has anyone managed to get any of these "better deals"?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Well, a mate of mine was going to move from O2 to Meteor, rang up O2 to tell them to cut his account (or something to that affect), and they threw a ton of free minutes and texts at him. He held out and held out, now he gets a few hundred free texts and I don't even know how many free minutes cause he's always bloody ringing me..... I think if you hint (read:threaten to leave over unhappiness) they'll do anything to keep you. Worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Networks will only offer more to keep you to the extent that it becomes profitable enough to still have you as a customer.

Advertisement