Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 mouse movement problem

Options
  • 15-08-2008 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

I got this annoying problem with BF2, i had it since i got it a few months back.
    Basically when i move the mouse horizontally around it will skip forward like it acclerates then slows down then accelerates again if im moving in a 360 turn. It makes for non-fluid annoying gameplay.

i dont get it in other games and my fps is like 80-100.
    i tried all video settings/resolutions, different mice, different motherboard/cpu/graphics card/ram but its still there.

anyone know what this might be.

i searched google but cant seem to find anyone with a similar problem or solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

check all your mouse options n settings ... turn off stuff like mouse acceleration or mouse precision.

Theres also a win XP reg fix that turns off acceleration you should be able to find that on google

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Seen this problem before, usually a reinstall sorts it. However check your ping with the servers and make sure its not a single server problem or your connection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

thanks for suggestions.

i tried the mouse fix.
    tried turning off mouse precision.
    also i tried it in single player mode.

but yet same problem.

i have re-installed it 3 times on different hard drives and windows installations.

i got a copy of bf 2142 and tried that just single player but it has the exact same problem.

oh well :(

one thing i havent tried is a different monitor, but i dont know how that would make a difference, dont know what else to try really.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

new mouse drivers ? new graphics drivers ? update all your drivers

Edit: didnt read u alrdy tried the mouse fix xD

Try this XP Mouse acceleration fix
    I got mouse lag when playing old HL 1 mods and that fixed it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lpjz50

ok, to start off...
    1. the mouse is your issue, as all can tell and see.
    2. also, what can be happening, is that ur mouse driver is conflicting with the sound driver the game uses ( happened with me )
    3. how to fix....in BF2, or BF Any Game....go to options, audio, and select from Software to Hardware under the renderer type, and then disable EAX, and disable VOIP.

worked for me, and hope it worked for u, also, if u have Counter Strike Source On Your Computer, The Internal Drivers That Game USes Will Eat Your Computer's Driver's Alive.....so, if this doesnt work, do the following, as it may not be an issue with ur mouse, more like ur Display Driver/Graphics Card...
    1. reinstall ur driver...go to hp.com ( for HPs only) or find the driver under Device Manager, and uninstall the driver, and reinstall it
    2. reinstall DirectX 9, as CSS will change that everytime the resolution changes, due to the high quality graphics....
    3. get a new driver, or update all drivers in ur computer...

hope this helps some pple....NOTE* The Audio Fix Will Fix it for some time!!! If U Get Lag, restart the game....or change the hardware renderer to software ( AKA Toggle them )

Have A Good Time Playing BF2, or Any Games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Have you checked the refresh rate of your screen? If it's a descent CRT it should be capable of 100Hz or an LCD should be ok @60Hz. I would agree with the above suggestions and goodluck. Bf2 still best game out there :D.

Advertisement