Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Service

Options
  • 15-08-2008 6:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I'm due a gas boiler service and the last time I got one I was stung by the Bord Gais person. He was a dodgy little fe**er and after making some settings changes to our system, making it sound loud and broken, quoted us 800 for flushing the system (it was 2 years old)

After grilling him for 30 minutes he finally changed some things and it's been fine ever since.

It's been 2 years and I'm hoping he's moved on to other crimes, but I'm considering using an external company. Has anyone any opinion on whether this is a good or bad move?

I'm in the dublin 15 area, if anyone has any recommendations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

are you sure he worked direct for bord gais? a lot of the time even if you book through BG the booking is subbed out to an external plumber,i'd recommend asking friends or workmates for a recommendation for somebody they've used before,
    just because you've being getting it serviced by bord gais before you've nothing to lose by getting someone else to do it providing they have the qualifications to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Yeah I got the idea he wasn't a BG employee, he actually managed to make 3 trips out of it, which I'm sure he charges BG for each time.

I might look up some other servicing companies, there's a few about I see.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭f1_jb

What make of Boiler do you have?

Advertisement