Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'What-are-you-doing-for-the-weekend?' thread

Options
  • 15-08-2008 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

An hour and a half to go for me.

Meeting some random bird tonight that I scored last weekend. Basically I can't really remember if she was a hottie or a nottie, so I'm meeting her mainly out of curiosity! If she's rotten I'll bail and meet up with a few mates!

Saturday I'll be trying to stay sober until 1:00 am so I can remember the Dubs Tyrone game! It won't be easy!

What's everyone up to? Xavi's probably in the pub at this stage, damn westerners!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Heh, not quite. Still got 2 hours left in work.

We're havin a 70s/80s/90s themed night at our soccer club tonight. Cheap booze and cheesy choons is gonna be a great mix!

Tomorrow will involve a hangover and a serious arse groove on the couch to watch the Eagles beat the Demons from midday then maybe a trip to the cinema in the evening.

Sunday is game day so get up early, have a decent breakfast and go play in the early afternoon. Few beverages afterwards no doubt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

binge drinking when i get home from work with my housemates

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

After work beer is imminent and it's off to the city later for more of the same. Hangover tomorrow no doubt and then off to the Swans game in the evening. Have a match on Sunday morning (with or without hangover) but have to be there to lift the silverware after a long hard season. And then of course beer on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Imagine all the people back home just arriving at work looking at this thread and us finishing up on the Friday evening, poor feckers, but that used to be me once!

I can't believe yous watch AFL, it's disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

not much... got my fella's son here, though he's partying tonight, until 12am, so we gotta go pick him up then, tomorrow, hope there's a surf... buying my summer gear for surfin too, ehehehehe, excited :D

sunday, might be meeting up with a mate, not sure yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

I come from a heavy GAA background and I can relate to it in a way but I can see why others would find it off putting. Also, beer will be there!!

2nd best sport after soccer

Apparently the games go on for about 4 hours too, I can't think of anything worse than going to a game, and all they do is hoof the ball around the field. I think there's a tri-nations game on at midnight tomorrow so i'll probably go somewhere to watch that.

Apparently the games go on for about 4 hours too, I can't think of anything worse than going to a game, and all they do is hoof the ball around the field. I think there's a tri-nations game on at midnight tomorrow so i'll probably go somewhere to watch that.

So you'd rather watch a big bunch of oafs put their heads down and run straight into each other in the hope of gaining five metres? Epic stuff.

I prefer football but there are skill and tactics in rugby union, and it's played worldwide.

• Advertisement

:confused: There are skill and tactics in AFL. Have you watched a game? (I only ask cause you didn't seem to know how long a game lasts for).

Does that mean hurling's crap cause it's not played worldwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Dunno about tonight, have a release with work so need to be oncall so no beer for Kevin

Tomorrow get Smashed!!
    Sydney Vs Geelong && START OF PREMIERSHIP!
    w00t!!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused: There are skill and tactics in AFL. Have you watched a game? (I only ask cause you didn't seem to know how long a game lasts for).

Does that mean hurling's crap cause it's not played worldwide?

I utterly despise anything to do with the GAA so you're asking the wrong person. I can't watch AFL it reminds me of GAA too much.

Oh yeah, the black cats take on liverpool, hopefully Andy Reid will score a hat trick and get the season off to a great start, won our opening game last year V spurs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

binge drinking when i get home from work with my housemates

Apparently a binge is 2 pints! I'll be having about 6 binges!

hussey wrote: »
    Dunno about tonight, have a release with work so need to be oncall so no beer for Kevin

Tomorrow get Smashed!!
    Sydney Vs Geelong && START OF PREMIERSHIP!
    w00t!!

And end of the Premiership for Sydney :pac:
    I utterly despise anything to do with the GAA so you're asking the wrong person. I can't watch AFL it reminds me of GAA too much.

Oh yeah, the black cats take on liverpool, hopefully Andy Reid will score a hat trick and get the season off to a great start, won our opening game last year V spurs too.

I'm no GAA fan myself but the skill in hurling is undeniable.

And you're a Sunderland fan? Good Lord.

Oh yeah the premiership! I'll have to stay up and watch Villa stuffing Citeh!! Marlon Harewood hat-trick, eh Xavi?!;)

I've been a fan ever since Niall Quinn played for them, so I'm not a Roy Keane bandwagoner don't worry. Realistically I think it'll be 2-0 pool tomorrow.

Oh yeah the premiership! I'll have to stay up and watch Villa stuffing Citeh!! Marlon Harewood hat-trick, eh Xavi?!;)

Well I don't have much confidence in us scoring so that sounds about right.

I've been a fan ever since Niall Quinn played for them, so I'm not a Roy Keane bandwagoner don't worry. Realistically I think it'll be 2-0 pool tomorrow.

Well, he doens't play for them now, so you can stop supporting them!!;)

but they have most of the Ireland squad in the team now anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

last night of the EKKA tonight, so much beer will be consumed at the Stockmans Bar :D

then its off down to NSW to the farm on Saturday in the Merc, puttin in the posts for the latest extension to the deck, seriously the house has quadrupled in size since I started and it was none too shabby to stary with.

also Might see about firin up the Telly over the weekend to watch the Lions Buldogs Game

if the Bulldogs win Akka will never be allowed set foot in Brisbane again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was out for dinner and drinks after work last night. Having a weekend at home then methinks cos I'm flat broke. Next weekend we're having our annual work social club ball. It's 1920s themed and we're all dresing up. Then getting trashed. Free drink all night! I'm saving myself for that!

My head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Work... as normal :(

Got arrested Friday night AGAIN, apparently tis an offence to wobble home inebriated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Quiet enough one for me, been in studying all weekend :(. Although I did go to a great Vietnamese restaurant on Crown st last night, but I can't remember the name.

Got arrested Friday night AGAIN, apparently tis an offence to wobble home inebriated :(

O_O

can't you get kicked out for that kinda shit?

I've already lawyerd up for the Court date,

the Cops wil try to scare you with **** like thatm but you just remenber that they dont make the laws or determine guilt, then utilise yer right to silence

• Advertisement

best of luck!

i surfed yesterday, then bought some really cheap surf gear for next summer (leftovers from last summer), today was spent surfing, figuring out visa stuff, surfing some more, more visa stuff.

at this point it's 8.30pm and im just about off to bed. effort keeping my eyes open.

Advertisement