Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'What-are-you-doing-for-the-weekend?' thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

my weekend spiralled out of control and I didn't make it to work on Monday so decided to pack it in, contract was up on Wednesday anyway then off to Perth on Thursday. But on the flipside the new girl that moved into our house turned out to be great fun and we hooked up Sunday night and have been molesting the sh*t out of each other since. Why does it take 6 months and 5 bloody days before I leave to meet someone I actually like? Oh well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

This has got to be literally the slowest day EVER! Come on weekend....get here quicker...I wanna hit the pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

We have a table tennis compo over drink & nibbles later
    then tomorrow going fancy and heading
    http://www.summitrestaurant.com.au/default.asp?bg=orbit&page=46

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

hussey wrote: »
    We have a table tennis compo over drink & nibbles later
    then tomorrow going fancy and heading
    http://www.summitrestaurant.com.au/default.asp?bg=orbit&page=46

I went to that summit restaurant for my birthday two years ago (ironically on this very day 2 years ago!) and the view is something else. The food wasn't special but it's worth it for the view.

Sydney must be one of the best cities in the world for a diverse selection of cuisine.

Well it looks like beach weather so it's off for a swim down to Clovelly on Saturday morning followed by a few cold ones watching the AFL grand final. Hope to god Hawthorn win it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

mmmmmmmmmmmmm beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Public holiday on Monday for the Queen's Birthday. God save her and all that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

We already had the queen's birthday a few months ago. She's lucky... I hear she gets a few birthdays a year!

I'm not well and exhausted so left work at 4pm and am home on the couch. Going to take it easy tonight and tomorrow.

I'm going to see the sound of music on Sunday in the Wellington Opera House. I'm ridiculously excited about it. (It's my favourite film of all time... sad I know!). We're going to have an Austrian themed lunch first with lots of wine and then head to the performance.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Public holiday on Monday for the Queen's Birthday. God save her and all that! :D

What are you on about? that was a while back!

I think it's different in different states in Aus. I recall us talking about it before when it was the nz one.

• Advertisement

watna wrote: »
    I think it's different in different states in Aus. I recall us talking about it before when it was the nz one.

How many birthdays does our Majestic Great Ruler have.

I for one welcome blaa blaa blaa *overused stupid boards phrase*

Yep WA has it at a different time. Think the other date is too close to one of our other public holidays (maybe foundation day) so they moved it.

WA is quite a bit behind everywhere else. They just got electricity there last year.

It's 10pm and I'm still awake. I've done better than I thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cassle

Going to an AFL grand final party (Go Hawks!) and then climbing Mount Wellington tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Watching the U.S. presidential debate, then heading out to the sticks (the coogee bay hotel!) to watch the game, and then prob back into the city this evening for a few beverages!

Going to the horsie trots tonight in Harold Park raceway. Tomorrow will be celebrating Oktoberfest in the rocks, Sunday will be more Oktoberfest and Monday recovering at the beach if I'm still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Off to Belmont Race course for the day, should be a good laugh, it's Irish day (whatever thats supposed to mean) down there and I scored myself some free tickets, tickets are only 20 quid or something in anyways, but I never say no to a freebie. Then off to the beach tomorow to let some german chick teach me how to surf, and it has nothing to do with the fact that she looks kinda like Kirsten Dunst and will be wearing either a skintight wet suit or a bikini, no seriously ;)

slipss wrote: »
    Off to Belmont Race course for the day, should be a good laugh, it's Irish day (whatever thats supposed to mean) down there and I scored myself some free tickets, tickets are only 20 quid or something in anyways, but I never say no to a freebie. Then off to the beach tomorow to let some german chick teach me how to surf, and it has nothing to do with the fact that she looks kinda like Kirsten Dunst and will be wearing either a skintight wet suit or a bikini, no seriously ;)

I'd doubt she wore a bikini. It was seriously freezing where I was on Saturday. She'd have been smuggling serious peanuts if she wore a bikini!

I'm going to Spring in the Valley tomorrow, will be there from 11am onwards getting smashed in various breweries and vineyards. Anyone else going? Particularly looking forward to www.duckstein.com.au

• Advertisement

Not really my kinda thing. I know a few people going though and the weather looks like being quality.

I have my football team end of year thing tomorrow night. 3 course meal and free piss between 7 and 12 in some swanky hotel. Happy days.

How can getting pissed in various vinyards and breweries not be your thing!?!?!!

Hmmm I suppose when you put it like that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I'm going to Spring in the Valley tomorrow, will be there from 11am onwards getting smashed in various breweries and vineyards. Anyone else going? Particularly looking forward to www.duckstein.com.au

Ahh, looks like my kinda day out, might try to rope a few people into heading out there tomorow or Sunday. How much is it in Brazilia? Any trains or buses run out there from in and around Perth city centre? Any idea how much it'd cost in a taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Market is on in the next town over tomorrow, so will be collecting my car from the carpark of my place of work in the morning, and heading over to the market to buy plants and whatever else interesting catches my fancy. (Some honey. Possibly a chicken.)

Saturday afternoon, gardening. Saturday night, drinking. Sunday, domestic household things. This is the difference between being a visitor and a permanent resident. :D (Or at least that's what I tell myself when I see what exciting things other people got goin on.)

slipss wrote: »
    Ahh, looks like my kinda day out, might try to rope a few people into heading out there tomorow or Sunday. How much is it in Brazilia? Any trains or buses run out there from in and around Perth city centre? Any idea how much it'd cost in a taxi?

Google Spring in the Valley. There's an official site and I think it has a link to buses going from Midland which you can grab the train to.

I wouldn't go gettin a taxi out there. Cost a bomb.

Market is on in the next town over tomorrow, so will be collecting my car from the carpark of my place of work in the morning, and heading over to the market to buy plants and whatever else interesting catches my fancy. (Some honey. Possibly a chicken.)

Saturday afternoon, gardening. Saturday night, drinking. Sunday, domestic household things. This is the difference between being a visitor and a permanent resident. :D (Or at least that's what I tell myself when I see what exciting things other people got goin on.)

I am going out to a rugby game tonight. We get corporate tickets in work so we get to go to a fancy box and be wined and dined at work's expense.

Other than that our weekends sounds quite similar. Mine also involves a good bit of housework (where does all the washing come from?) and a trip to the market (I also want a roast chicken now for dinner tomorrow after you said you're going to buy a chicken). My weekends are generally quite homely and domestic. We're pretty boring and happy with it!

Booked a holiday to Vanuatu yesterday (which I think I mentioned elsewhere yesterday). Paying for that will cut down on most weekend activities too. But it'll definitely be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

no money this weekend... no surf... the fella's son has just gotten guitar hero, so i can imagine a fair chunk of the weekend shall be taken up by guitar hero.. going to visit my nearly-niece later today too, havent seen her since before i went to ireland (my fella usually visits on tuesdays, and im working then, so havent gotten to see her in ages).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

watna wrote: »
    (I also want a roast chicken now for dinner tomorrow after you said you're going to buy a chicken).

'cept the chicken I was thinkng of is still alive...

Went to the market. Good show today, lots of stalls, lots of people. Apropos of nothing, lots of bull breed terriers.

Bought plants. Brought plants back to car. Came back to market and bought more plants. Arm is now sore from carrying. Didn't buy chickens. The freerange, vaccinated bunch are $18 each. Some other shysters had a cage of the saddest looking ex-battery chooks for a fiver apiece. Shouted at mother in law about not buying sad chooks, because then you're rewarding chook-mistreating shysters.

Bought beer on way home. Got home. Gardened and drank beer. Bed now.

• Advertisement

god it was messy out there. Everywhere was jammers, so we went to black swan vineyard, which was good craic, but we were absolutely smashed by the time we left, drinking wine all day is rough. Duckstein looked like oktoberfest but the queue was huge. I need a holiday after all that.

Advertisement