Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'What-are-you-doing-for-the-weekend?' thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm bored.

Why did I think being on a Friday night would be a good idea?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Xavi6 wrote: »
    True, all the hotties spend their Friday nights on da internetz -

fat_guy.jpg
    Hey ya bastid where did you get my pic from?

Thats it I am off to the liquor store to get a slab of VB.

You better not be here when I get back.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »
    I'm bored.

Why did I think being on a Friday night would be a good idea?!

but pulp sport is on!

hehe, went out to my first ever work do tonight. twas nice, we saved up our morning tea funds and used the cash to go out to dinner... went up the gondola here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I was having a lovely weekend, nice and relaxing, stress free etc.
    Went down to the park for a kick about on Sunday afternoon. That was going nicely also (apart from the stifling heat). Then BANG, an angry Scottish guy kicks me in the groin, leaving me crippled on the ground. I was about 3 inches away from never having kids. Now theres a potato-sized red/purple/black lump just east of my manhood, and I'm hobbling around the office like John Wayne.

Damn Scots!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

had beers in the gaf saturday, then went for a sunday dinner yesterday in kellys on king st (newtown). was lovely. then had a few beers and went to the newtown festival. was really cool. like a mini ******, with no scumbags or anything. beer was 8.50 tho for a can. music was a mix of reggae and rock. free entry also, and it had lotsa stalls like a market selling t-shirts and all sortsa things. was a really good day. closed at 5pm so we just went back to the gaf and had beers in the garden. good weekend all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Caught me some sun by the pool on Saturday arvo then went out for dinner in the evening before headin to the boozer for United/Arsenal. Home after that for a nice burbon in front of Everton/West Ham. Headed up to the Swan Valley yesterday to a wildlife park followed by the chocolate factory then went to see Perth Glory in the evening before watching City balls it up again last night.

Feckin knackered!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

spent saturday searching for cheap fruit, success! ended up calling in on my nearly niece (10months old), which is always awesome, she's just a complete (ginger :D) dote.

sunday, was well... i did manage to spend a few hours crying on the beach, bleh.. but had an awesome surf afterwards, rippy cross-onshore conditions, really tiring, but i'd a really good surf, and it's always just great to get out with people around, our weekly class has taken a social element to it too now, with a few of us heading back to the surf shop to get some HOT chocolate, tea, coffee, and beer. nyom.

I'm off to Tassie for the weekend this evening. Second time in Tassie in a month.

Having problems concentrating today, in a serious Friday mood here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I only get paid once a month, and well next thurs is pay day!
    So I need to save some money!

Heading to Bond tonight, then a pub crawl tomorrow in balmain !
    woo hoo

Weather looks fantastic today, but tomorrow and sunday meant to be rain :(

Getting ready to go on a bender in Benders (Bendigo) with a chickie babe from last w/end!

Should be a good w/end. Stay tuned for updates lolz

• Advertisement

thinkin bout headin to bond tonight as well. i know me housemates are goin anyway but im not off work til 6:30! might hav to say this weekend actually. me bro (tallaght01) is comin down to sydney on wednesday so will prob be out the weekend next weekend, which is before i get paid again.

Went to Bond on Wednesday...cinema was absolutely wedged...just about got seats!

On a side note is anyone thinking of going to watch the Baz Luhrmann flick Australia? Most likely will give it a skip because I am not really a Hugh Jackman fan and cannot stand the sight of Nicole Kidman. Altogether it looks too long and too much like a wild west epic from back in the day. Zzzzz...

Yeah it seems ridiculously long. 2 hrs 30 mins I heard?
    Also for an 'Epic' it's supposed to be not all that Epic.

dSTAR, are you a bit Coxian in your opinion of Hugh Jackman:

Not a snowball's chance in hell of me seeing that movie.

dSTAR, are you a bit Coxian in your opinion of Hugh Jackman:
    Hey don't ask me about Cox.

Xavi6 is your man. He loves Cox :D

Cox.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

hussey wrote: »
    then a pub crawl tomorrow in balmain !

Nice. London, william wallace, riverview, town hall, dicks, exchange, Welcome.....kinda thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

This weekend i'll be mostly financially, physically and mentally recovering from last weekend. epic.
    And the ireland game sunday morning obviously.

might see if i can do a newtown pub crawl on saturday.

incidentally (and absolutely unrelated), anyone lookin to sign up for fitness first in newtown, or actually the rest of sydney, i think i can get a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

The_B_Man wrote: »
    might see if i can do a newtown pub crawl on saturday.

incidentally (and absolutely unrelated), anyone lookin to sign up for fitness first in newtown, or actually the rest of sydney, i think i can get a discount.

Do not sign up with fitness first!! They are nazis. You can never get out of a contract with them, not even if you died. I had to shut down my bank account to end the contract with them. There's another gym down at the bottom of King St that looks decent.

• Advertisement

+1 to not signing up for Fitness First. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Cunts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

this wekend I might go down to the Beachhouse again. or I might hang around town, might go get dinner somewhere pleasent tonight, mighteven be the one person who goes to see that Australia Movie;)

this wekend I might go down to the Beachhouse again. or I might hang around town, might go get dinner somewhere pleasent tonight, mighteven be the one person who goes to see that Australia Movie;)

Let me know how that goes....it's not out til next Wednesday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah, true that, probably wont be in the humor to go see it by then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

thinkin bout headin to bond tonight as well. i know me housemates are goin anyway but im not off work til 6:30! might hav to say this weekend actually. me bro (tallaght01) is comin down to sydney on wednesday so will prob be out the weekend next weekend, which is before i get paid again.

Bro, I'm not in sydney this week. it's the following week. Goin to Fiji for a week on monday, then I go to sydney the following wednesday (3rd december i think) til the following tuesday.

Oh, and don't sign up with fitness first. If you wanna cancel your contract with them, you have to go into them and they interview you bout why you wanna leave etc. It's like being called to the headmaster's office apparently.

ye, da was sayin u were goin to fiji but i thought it was the week after. thats grand then. get paid wednesday week so can go out. im headin to fiji in may so let me know what its like!

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Bro, I'm not in sydney this week.....
    ye, da was sayin u were goin to fiji .....

Nice to see some modern family communication

Twas a good Saturday for me. Cousin came round and we stayed up til 5am watching all the football. Him being United and me City makes for some interesting debate!

I went on a mini pub crawl on saturday - good fun, went around balmain where it was avg $4-4.50 a schooner ... not bad at all!!

Then watched the Utd villa match ... which consisted of me shouting at the screen for 80mins then went home hammered ...

fun weekend!

Citeh Vs Utd next weekend ... should be a cracker

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Twas a good Saturday for me. Cousin came round and we stayed up til 5am watching all the football. Him being United and me City makes for some interesting debate!

should do the same this weekend...:p

im sure the interesting debate might be replaced by non-sensical drunken arguments"!

Advertisement