Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'What-are-you-doing-for-the-weekend?' thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Went to Hobart for the weekend to play football on Saturday.
    Got absolutely pissed out of my brains on Saturday night, so much so I don't even remember watching the Ireland - Argentina game! Just about recovered by this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

So went out in Oxford Street (Sydney) last night for beers with a friend of mine. Eventually ended up in The Gaff, but due to being unfamiliar with the area we stumbled into some 'interesting' venues before finally making it there.

In the taxi going down Oxford Street I noticed an establishment named "The Columbian Hotel" and suggested we go there for a beer as it looked like a good sized crowd was in there. Went in, ordered our schooners and just as I'd paid I noticed the massive rainbow flag on the roof. Looking around I also noticed almost the entire clientele was male, and proud of it. In fact, come to think of it, the barman should also have been a give away due to him not wearing a shirt but still having a bow-tie round his neck.

So yes, we'd stumbled into Sydney's biggest gay bar. Well, you live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

So went out in Oxford Street (Sydney) last night for beers with a friend of mine. Eventually ended up in The Gaff, but due to being unfamiliar with the area we stumbled into some 'interesting' venues before finally making it there.

In the taxi going down Oxford Street I noticed an establishment named "The Columbian Hotel" and suggested we go there for a beer as it looked like a good sized crowd was in there. Went in, ordered our schooners and just as I'd paid I noticed the massive rainbow flag on the roof. Looking around I also noticed almost the entire clientele was male, and proud of it. In fact, come to think of it, the barman should also have been a give away due to him not wearing a shirt but still having a bow-tie round his neck.

So yes, we'd stumbled into Sydney's biggest gay bar. Well, you live and learn.

Yeah throw in some fag hags to go with them .. Oh if you think the Columbian is bad you should (or probably shouldn't) see some of the other ones!!

Was suppose to head to the races today, friend cancelled (as was birthday) due to bad weather .. turns out to be a cracking day!!
    But rooftop drinking is on the cards now, so not so bad after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Got up today, made some calls and a big nuch of us headed to the beach for a day of eating, drinking, swimming, sunbathing and playing cricket. We then all came back to our place and we had a barbeque and a few drinks. Just got to bed and am kanckered.

It was a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yesterday, got up, went to cosmic corner, bought a small finger puppet koala bear, went to work's christmas party, which was a teddy bear's picnic. chilled, played hurling for a while (yes!), came home, packed more stuff into trailer, drove to new house, came home, packed more stuff into trialer, drove to new house, repeated that one a few times... went for chips, called into a mate, sat in and chatted for a while, eventually got chips, came home, ate chips, developed sore throat, moved house, and now today shall consist of xmess shopping for a secret santa on another message board im on, followed by cleaning the old house from top to bottom (and not receiving any of the bond...), followed my more sleep, i should hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Going to Bendigo for a large Christmas bash on a 20 acre property. The hostess is a crazy lady in her 50's who is a bit of a hippy who likes to get loaded and have a good time. Looks like it is gonna rain so wondering if I should wear some daggy country bumpkin clothes or dress to impress. It could very easily turn into a mud fest with naked people wandering around caked in mud so clothing might be unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol goin by the weather here in sydney now, i'd bring an umbrella!

Its been a pretty wet and miserable day down here today and looks like more of the same tomorrow. But who ever let rain get in the way of a good ol' fashioned piss up?

BTW geezer how did you pull up after all your parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Some super weather here today and it looks set to be that way for the weekend. I shall be no doubt catching some rays.

p*ssing down in sydney but meant to be 31 tomorrow .. I have my 12 pubs of Xmas on so hopefully will be all good for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

dSTAR wrote: »
    Its been a pretty wet and miserable day down here today and looks like more of the same tomorrow. But who ever let rain get in the way of a good ol' fashioned piss up?

BTW geezer how did you pull up after all your parties?

dyin here in work all day. the IT dept one last night was in the city. more free booze and i was givin abuse to the Chief Operating Officer, telling him hes getting his account locked out and all his emails deleted unles he brought me on a business trip to amsterdam and dublin! lol
    I also did the usual robot dancing and other general tomfoolery.

Was worse last fri nite for the company party in the opera house. got wasted and was on the ground outside the opera house tryin to take a photo apparently. me mate had to bring me home and was saying i was rolling around the grass and fell asleep at the bus stop and on the bus. he barely woke me up in time for our stop. i woke everyone up when i came in as well. of course, all i rememeber is waking up the next morning!

sure you'll probably be doin worse tonight!! :p

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Was worse last fri nite for the company party in the opera house. got wasted and was on the ground outside the opera house tryin to take a photo apparently...
    Hehe .. Sounds like a top night :D
    I <3 GuanYin wrote:
    Some super weather here today and it looks set to be that way for the weekend. I shall be no doubt catching some rays.
    And how exactly would that be different from any other day for you? ;)
    hussey wrote:
    I have my 12 pubs of Xmas on so hopefully will be all good for that
    Is that like some kind of advent calendar that you count down the days and visit a different pub each day or are you gonna be hitting them all at once?

Is that like some kind of advent calendar that you count down the days and visit a different pub each day or are you gonna be hitting them all at once?
    12 pubs one day
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58148643&postcount=20

hussey wrote: »
    Sounds awesome. Why the hell cant it be down in Melbourne? I particularly like the part about bringing at least one chick so it doesn't turn into a sausage sizzle! Visions of drunken debauchery and tongue hockey flooding my mind ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

surf's getting bigger... to the point i dont feel confident heading out in it by myself on the more exposed beaches (which, due to board storage issues, is where i *have* to surf every day that isnt sunday), so am dragging a mate out with me tomorrow, in return, being dragged out dancing by another mate tomorrow night, and then standard sunday surfing and chilling at the more sheltered beach :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Sounds awesome. Why the hell cant it be down in Melbourne? I particularly like the part about bringing at least one chick so it doesn't turn into a sausage sizzle! Visions of drunken debauchery and tongue hockey flooding my mind ...

If you organise it I'll go!

If you organise it I'll go!
    This could possibly be a goer. Maybe after the silly season we could gather together a group of debauched individuals and hangers on who want to get pissed, laid or go on an awesome adventure in some of Melbourne's finest hostelries.

pubcrawl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well that was the intended original purpose of this Forum.

to organise rinkin sessionsinthe different states of Australia

am I the only one left in Brisbane???

I plan on goin on a serious bender tonight as its the GF's staff party, so I'm on me tod for the first time in a while.

as the old sayin goes, if ya cant think of anything to do GET DRUNK

well that was the intended original purpose of this Forum...
    :D
    am I the only one left in Brisbane???
    You know what they say about water and horses. Get your ass down here and see if you can go the distance Melbourne style. Queenslanders are lightweights when it comes to a good piss up :P

Advertisement