Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT

Options
  • 15-08-2008 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an NCT tomorrow.

What do I need to do in sequence: hand over NCT tag at reception , pay the 50 quids and then drive up to the test area?

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

its like going to the doctor.
    Go in to reception and tell them you're there.
    Think you pay then.
    Wait to be called. Hand over your keys and wait to be called again.
    The 2nd time they call you they'll tell you if you passed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

As Jeff said, goto the centre, park in the space outside for vehicles being tested (if its a big centre they have car park attendants to direct you), go into the centre and pay your money, then sit in the waiting area and sweat for half an hour looking through the window at your car being tested, they take it in themselves and they'll call you when its finished.
    A little preparation is a good idea and would include checking all your lights, tyres, horn, seatbelts before you get there, not a lot you can do about anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Don't forget the obligitary 50 quid in the ashtray! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Don't forget the obligitary 50 quid in the ashtray! :D:D:D

Do you work as an NCT tester by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Do you work as an NCT tester by any chance?

Me boll*x I do, I actually WORK for a living!!! I do however know of one NCT test centre, (not one that I use), where there is a guy working there who is on the take, but I've just heard this from someone else in the trade, could be true or could be false. Another less known perk of being an NCT tester is that they (like all other mechanics), do nixers and I've often seen NCT testers bringing cars into the NCT centre that they work in and putting one of their customers cars through the NCT, (they usually do it on their lunch break or in the evening).

I know of one guy who brings a car in on say a Monday, "pre-NCT's" it in the NCT centre, (it is scheduled into the same NCT say on Wednesday), the NCT tester makes a list of what is needed to get it through the test on Wednesday, he orders in whatever bits he needs, has the car ready for Wednesday, NCT's it on Wednesday, rinse lather repeat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement