Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Broadband not that broad

• 15-08-2008 7:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hello all, So a few months ago I got the 30euro 3g data package from O2 as I was going to be moving down the country. Its on my phone not as a stand alone modem. The phone is a XDA Exec with WM6.1. I never really got to use it up in Dublin but remember that it was not very fast at all when using the phone for browsing the net. Now I am using the phone as a modem for the PC but I am only getting speeds of a average 2kb/s with a peak of 4kb/s. At the moment I am trying to do a speed test on speedtest.net but its taken a LONG time to even just load the site lol. So any thoughts? Phone is getting between 3 and 4 bars signal (4 being max) with no difference in speeds between the bars. Phone is connected at a 3g connection.

Well it just finished the speed test...

309336538.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Jaysus that's terrible.

Have you tried this directly from the Exec ?

http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

tried the link there, but the speed test wont work, says I dont have javascript support on pocketIE. But tried it on the pc and got the same error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Not that it helps but I've never seen stats like that from O2. The Exec doesn't have EDGE support I know but that's not even GPRS.
    Have you any other phone there to try ?

Advertisement