Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boro Away - Match Thread

Options
  • 15-08-2008 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

1st game of the season, always unpredictable, although I'll be dissapointed if we dont come away with 3 points.

What will the team be ?

Gomes, Zokora,King,Woodgate,Bale,Jenas,OHara , Modric,Bentley,Dos Santos and Bent.

I would'ne be suprised if BAE instead of Bale started as he seems to have played quite a lot in pre-season, Iv gone for OHara in the middle with Jenas as I think he'd be a bit more solid than Modric in there.

I would'nt play DB , would'nt have him in the match day squad to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Remember the first game last season away to sunderland, we taught we would pick up a handy three points then gave away a stupid goal in injury time.what a disaster that was,now we travel up to the north east again with big hopes for another season lets hope we do a bit better than we done then. Can't say i agree with your team selection though, i would def play Bale and Modric..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

3-0 away win. Team full of confidence, King and woodgate in, id start berbatov and bent with modric bently jj and hudd in there instead of zokara, but i think zokora might nip in right back with bale on the left.
    Its a new dawn its a new day its a new life and im feelling good....

top 4 + cup will do
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

3-0 away win. Team full of confidence, King and woodgate in, id start berbatov and bent with modric bently jj and hudd in there instead of zokara, but i think zokora might nip in right back with bale on the left.

top 4 + cup will do

Your name says it all :D, I would be delighted with clean sheet 1-0 with solid midfield preformance, I say play Berba bit of luck he plays a blinder and we an extra couple of million for me

top 4 + cup will do
    If ever a username suited a post !..a 1-0 away win wud do against boro,if we get a top striker before the deadline then we will challenge big time.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

think we will get the 3 points tommorrow going by pre season form anyway but then again we had a great preseason for the last 3 years!Looking forward to the game and as far as team selection is concerned im not willing to predict what juande will do but i bet bentley and modric will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

looking foward to seeing dos santos ,bentley, and modric together in a competetive match hard one to call on starting line up hope ledders and woody start together i,ll stick me neck out and call it 2.0:) coys
    ps. up the dubs tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Can't wait for the game. I think our result depends on how well we gell and work together in a fully competitive game rather than a pre-season friendly. It'll be much tougher, faster, and more difficult than any of the games so far.

Having said that, on paper we are miles ahead of Boro and if the lads are up for it we should do it without any problems. If both King and Woody are playing I'd expect us to conceed no more than 1 goal, though again this depends on Alves and Mido!!

Hopefully we'll get the win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'll take any scoreline as long as we win.

Dont want a repeat of our first game last season.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kevinoh

We will win.
    gomes

zokora king woodgate bale

jenas modric

lennon bentley dos santos

bent

That attacking 5 will create chances. All bent has to do is put them away.
    3-1 or 3-0 look good bets.
    The team is full of confidence, the yid army are confident
    LETS DO IT
    3 points, good start to the season, then Tottenham 'B' team at home.

COME ON YOU SPURS

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this morning has a bit of a Christmas Eve feeling to it?
    Can't wait for 3.00 pm.
    Hope we get what we asked for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

is the match been shown on TV? Cant find it listed anywhere???? i thought it was on setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

is the match been shown on TV? Cant find it listed anywhere???? i thought it was on setanta

Setanta 1 at 2.50 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Anyone got an english internet stream for the game? I'm not near a tv unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

not great so far bent looks stranded upfront and our defence looks shakey especially BAE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

We've been pretty disappointing so far. Damn boro have scored again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Same old same old with another shocking loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

defense again an absolute joke.what happened with king?i read an hour before KO he was passed fit.the king issue is getting ridiculous at this stage.dawson is hopeless.a permanant replacement for king needs to be found asap!a defensive midfielder is badly needed.bent up front on his own just didn't work at all

not again spurs!:(

Does Ramos actually know what he is doing,when berba f*cks off we are in big trouble,also why was Bale not playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Does Ramos actually know what he is doing,when berba f*cks off we are in big trouble,also why was Bale not playing?
    Are ya though, if ya get Arshavin, he will be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Long year ahead for yis!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Spurs have a lonnnnnnnnnnnng season ahead of them on todays performance. Modric looks to light weight and Boro went players went pass with ease, if berbatov leaves then spurs are in BIG trouble. They need a Midfielder who can dominate and a couple of forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Not good, not good at all. Incredibly disappointing. What was he doing not starting Berbs or Bale, I know Berbs is going but you should always play your strongest cards.

Defense in general was just shoddy, only person who knew what he was doing was woody. ****ing Dawson what a donkey.

Modric was unnoticable.

Dos Santos and bentley stood out for me, they're going to be really nice to watch this season, Jenas didn't really cut it as captain I think, I'd say give it to Bentley. (anyone see the interview on sky sports news?)

as for Bent what can I say, I don't think he fits in there, we all know he's a good striker, but in that set up?

Anyway whatever happened, they really need to step up next game lest it go the way of last season. GRRRRR:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

dawson has the footballing brain of a dustbin!his reading of the game is atrocious!

jenas as captain is a terrible choice,it should be given to woodgate imo

a good defensive midfielder and a centre back need to be sourced asap or we're going to be in for more of the same as last year

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Watched the whole game even though I felt like turning it off. We were poor, very poor. It's disappointing but I'll reserve judgement when all the transfer dealings are done and dusted. Happy with some of the players, Gomez seems solid, Woodgate, Bentley, Dos Santos all tried anyway.
    I was surprised that Bale didn't play, I dont think switching Lennon & Bentley from left to right will work, it was noticeable that we lacked a left footer in midfield. Hopefully we can tie up the Corluka deal and get a couple of strikers in. (Mad, but I thought Tudgay was great for Boro today).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Disappointed, but not the end of the world by any means.
    1 down 37 to go. 3pts off champions league place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

Ah, there it is again, that familiar first day *bump* as we're brought back down to earth. On the plus side, a couple more weeks left in the transfer window, hopefully Levy and Commolli can spring a surprise or two yet.

And wouldn't you just know that fecking Mido was going to pop up and sicken us today. Let's bear in mind too that when Sunderland visit the lane next Saturday there'll be three ex-spurs out to prove a point. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Thank God we've only played one Shane. Cant say anything good about today - desperately disappointing.

Jeez here we go again, Bale, king, berbs, gunter all on the bench.zokora, ekkoto , daws all in defense wtf.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

I only got a chance to watch the game tonight and we really are crying out for a defensive midfielder, someone who's there to break up the play and provide that extra bit of cover to the back 4. We've needed a player like this for 2 years now and I thought it would be a priority. Bentley, Modric and Jenas are good players and will create chances for us but unless we get a good DM in before August 31st our season will follow a similar path to last year, with us conceeding a crazy amount of goals.
    With Berbatov apparently very close to leaving our priority as regards transfers is going to be to get more fire power but I really hope we sort that midfield problem out.
    Bad result today but I'm sure next week will be a different story against Sunderland. Maybe a few new faces arriving before then.

Advertisement