Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warren Ellis - Red, Movie on its way

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oooooooh, shiny! Red was a great little action-packed miniseries, and really well suited to a big-screen adaptation to boot. Wonder who they're thinking of casting as Paul Moses?

(On an Ellis-related note, that article also mentions that Ocean is being adapted - again, I'm curious about casting there. Hopefully Samuel L Jackson won't be in the running, but I can see people pushing him as being ideal because, well, god knows there's only one actor who could play a cool and competent black man :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Fysh wrote: »
    Oooooooh, shiny! Red was a great little action-packed miniseries, and really well suited to a big-screen adaptation to boot. Wonder who they're thinking of casting as Paul Moses?

(On an Ellis-related note, that article also mentions that Ocean is being adapted - again, I'm curious about casting there. Hopefully Samuel L Jackson won't be in the running, but I can see people pushing him as being ideal because, well, god knows there's only one actor who could play a cool and competent black man :rolleyes:)

When I was actually reading it I was thinking how it could be adapted in to a movie - scenes, actors. I hope they keep it nice and violent too.

Ocean was another one of my first comics unfortunately I moved away from Cork and never got to hang out in Other Realms as much, thus not being able to collect.

Stopped collecting 303 too which I really liked.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's a rather nice TPB of Ocean out now which is worth looking at if you didn't get a chance to pick up the original issues. (I have the mini somewhere and while it was good, I'm not sure it was quite good enough to warrant buying twice, if you get me. Good movie fodder though).

Advertisement