Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paid but Live game hasn't unlocked

• 15-08-2008 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Downloaded a game off live yesterday. Topped up points and unlocked it. Points were deducted from my account. Then I started the game. The game start up halted and up came the 'there is an update for this game..' etc. window.

I let it update and restart and, well, the game is still the trial unlocked game. If I select unlock game from the games menu, the silver Live bar slides in and tells me I've already downloaded and unlocked this game.

I went into account management and it shows I've downloaded and paid for the game.

Am I missing something here? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Strange one. Did you try deleting and re-downloading it?
    Once it's showing you've paid for it you are OK and have the license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Deleting and re-downloading it... that's what I'd do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Righto. Will download it again later. It's not going to try and take more points off me then is it?

quad_red wrote: »
    Righto. Will download it again later. It's not going to try and take more points off me then is it?

No, you already have the license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

any time I'm not connected to the net, the games I have previously downloaded are just there as trials. Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

sparky360 wrote: »
    any time I'm not connected to the net, the games I have previously downloaded are just there as trials. Is this normal?
    I think this happens if you have changed and transferred your original data to a different HD and you need to be on live to use them.:(

sparky360 wrote: »

MS launched a tool to consolidate your licenses to 1 console. You can do it only once every 12 months but most people won't change xbox's that often & if you get the RROD MS will transfer them automatically. The tool should be on the xbox site somewhere, probably under support.

Advertisement