Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft invest in Boards.ie

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

seamus wrote: »
    The current admins will continue to direct that change just as they've always done.
    With a bit of help from daft ;) (which is one of the points I've been making!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

VH wrote: »
    Steve - please - stop arguing just because its me.
    I have no idea who you are and I am certainly not 'arguing' because it's 'you'. I just don't get the fact that you are persisting with this conspiracy having already gotten answers form the highest powers of boards.
    Vexorg wrote: »
    SteveC that census is quite out of date, the last big census was done in March 2007, and there were 3000+ responses if memory serves.
    Thanks Vex, are the results on display anywhere?

Edit: Found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually, the point you were making is that daft would direct the change.

Daft will be onhand to provide guidance where it's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Are you saying it doesn't exist?

Well you're the one saying there's an issue please provide examples to back up that comment?

After all in business if you see a problem you provide proof it exists along with solutions in solving it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

by improving the attitude of some mods - some mods are infamously abrasive and seem to have free run and treat posters like they are idiots without realising that posters have eyeballs and money.

and by improving the moderating itself - boards needs to be more user-friendly and appeal to a wider audience - I would recommend to my mother to stay away from boards for example (and I think most people would feel the same)

You are simply using this thread as an opportunity to launch a mini "fight da powah" crusade, with a half arsed attempt to camouflage it by insinuating that the daft buy-in has some sort of an impact on moderation.

Most boards users are very happy with the moderation on boards and wouldn't change it. Thats the main reason for the success of boards, in fact.

Trying to make out you are some sort of a financial success in an effort to lend credibility to your tired old flute solo is a standard of posts like this. Anyway your mother should be making dinner soon, so we'll hear from you again in half an hour or so.

failredo-4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

SteveC wrote: »
    I have no idea who you are and I am certainly not 'arguing' because it's 'you'. I just don't get the fact that you are persisting with this conspiracy having already gotten answers form the highest powers of boards.

Thanks Vex, are the results on display anywhere?

Edit: Found it.

Aye thats it, was looking on my hard drive for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Are you saying it doesn't exist?
    Yep.
    Nothing exists - not even Boards.ie - That was just an old conspiracy invented, by mothers, to stop people having underage sex with each other.
    Well in terms of running the website - why would daft bother fixing something that isn't broke. Any improvements they intend to make would be, I imagine, consulted with through the admins first. If something goes wrong with B.ie, Daft have a tech team that is about 5 times the size of Boards' tech team. And the admins have experience in Social Networking/Forums that Daft would lack.

It's a win win for everyone I would imagine.

For the Record, daft.ie does not exist. It's also a lie your mother told you when she was trying to get you the fúck out of her house into your own one...

Daft will be onhand to provide guidance where it's required.
    May I ask seamus were you part of the negotiations with daft?
    Gandalf wrote:
    Well you're the one saying there's an issue please provide examples to back up that comment?
    Are you saying there are none?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The admins, and a member of Daft have both confirmed this as was stated before. Round and round and round we go...

Why does that matter?

• Advertisement

Why does that matter?
    Just curious.. were you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The admins, and a member of Daft have both confirmed this as was stated before. Round and round and round we go...

And round one more time, just for re-assurance. :p

I see new Google Adverts have been located at the bottom right.. didn't think people would take much notice of that area to click a link?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully wrote: »
    Sorry the Admins and a member of Daft have confirmed what exactly?

That seamus was part of the negotiations.

As was just said in the post I linked

The admins, and a member of Daft have both confirmed this as was stated before

Quoting you, and saying that, would seem (at least to me) that yes he was. And I haven't read the thread so I assume by the later part of his comment (not quoted here) that its been said time and time again. (That seamus was part of negotiations).

Hope that helps... :)

EDIT: No, im wrong. seamus was NOT part of negotiations. I misunderstood what Aidan was saying. :/

Are you saying there are none?

Well with no examples there are obviously none.

That daft have no intention of interfering with how the site is run.
    That seamus was part of the negotiations.
    I assume you mean, wasn't.

I assume you mean, wasn't.

Oh right, I assumed by what Aidan was saying that it was. I can see now the confusion. (I really should read the thread, instead of mis understanding people) :/

Good for you Sully, but I'm still confused! seamus were you part of the negotiations with daft?
    Gandalf wrote:
    Well with no examples there are obviously none.
    So you are saying there are none?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sorry, thats my bad I think. I can see now that I wasn't clear enough in what I was saying. It was confirmed by Eamonn at Daft and the admins here at boards that Daft will be on hand to provide assistance, but no changes are planned in any way at this time. These guys simply have an interest in boards as it is and want to continue to see it go, and grow, as it is.

• Advertisement

Good for you Sully, but I'm still confused! seamus were you part of the negotiations with daft?

I can see why. I misunderstood what Aidan was saying, and I thought it was clear enough. It turns out, according to seamus in a few posts above me, that he was NOT part of negotiations.

Sorry for adding to the confusion :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

From what i can see here - Seamus was not part of any of the conspiracies negotiations.

Ok, cool, so seamus was not in the negotiations. Confusion cleared up!
    It was confirmed by Eamonn at Daft and the admins here at boards that Daft will be on hand to provide assistance, but no changes are planned in any way at this time.
    Can I ask where this was confirmed? I've not seen any details other than the press release.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

boards would be more popular, and therefore more commercially successful if it was run on a more democratic basis...
    How many commercially-successful businesses are run as democracies?

Is your multi-million-earning website run as a democracy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ok, cool, so seamus was not in the negotiations. Confusion cleared up!

Can I ask where this was confirmed? I've not seen any details other than the press release.

Read this

DeVore is pretty clear about the level of involvement from Daft and their influence on any changes.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    How many commercially-successful businesses are run as democracies?

Is your multi-million-earning website run as a democracy?
    Answered this already.

Our site doesn't rely on poeple posting on it to be successful - we just sell stuff for other people

So basically you CANNOT provide any examples of what is wrong with boards and yet you are having a whinge about it?

Sounds like a phoenix to me.

I do believe there is nothing further to be gained from this thread.

There's a lot of going around in circles and people talking across eachother on side issues.

You know the drill...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement