Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinkin Oxo cubes as a hot drink??

• 15-08-2008 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi

A collegue of mine drinks oxo cubes as a hot drink instead of cuppa soups or coffee as she maintains that there are much less calories but you will get a tasty hot drink. I reluctantly tried the chicken one and she is right - its not bad at all! i am just wondering about the calorie content???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

very very low cals

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    very very low cals

So worth a try when you need a hot drink???
    But maybe there is a high salt content or something??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I suppose it would be just like drinking Bovril?

Google God knows all: http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/80015.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Chicken stock cube has loads of salt, which would probably make you thirsty after it. How about green tea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gurlzie1

I drink Marigold 'Swiss Vegetable Bouillon' powder, it can be used as stock or hot drink and is really tasty. Can get it from most health food shops in dublin too.
    1 x 5g serving is 12 cals and 0.9g salt, they also do a low salt version of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Gurlzie1 wrote: »
    I drink Marigold 'Swiss Vegetable Bouillon' powder, it can be used as stock or hot drink and is really tasty. Can get it from most health food shops in dublin too.
    1 x 5g serving is 12 cals and 0.9g salt, they also do a low salt version of this

Looking at the back of my pack it says 0.9 g sodium not salt which equates to 2.2 g Salt (sodium chloride, divide sodium in g by RMM na (23) and multiply by RMM Sodium Chloride (23 + 35.5)
    mayoclinic wrote:
    Various organizations, including the National Academy of Sciences' Institute of Medicine, have published recommendations on daily sodium limits. Most recommend not exceeding the range of 1,500 and 2,400 milligrams (mg) a day for healthy adults. Keep in mind that the lower your sodium, the more beneficial effect on blood pressure.
    If you are older than 50, are black or have a health condition such as high blood pressure, chronic kidney disease or diabetes, you may be more sensitive to the blood pressure raising effects of sodium. As a result, aim for a sodium limit at the low end of the range recommended for healthy adults. Talk to your doctor about the sodium limit that's best for you.

One cup is over half a persons daily recommended amount!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lmnover wrote: »
    its not bad at all! i am just wondering about the calorie content???
    Just read the packets, it is usually all there. Online sites are very often wrong, or else you are reading the wrong thing, e.g. a big mac has different calories in the US than here, shots of spirits are different all around the world so have different calorie sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sall

Hi where can i buy Marigold Swiss Bouillon in Dublin?

Advertisement