Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry

• 15-08-2008 10:45am
    Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭

I recently got my first blackberry and its official that I am addicted and will be sticking with them!!

Just a few points I have noticed:

1) I'm on vodafone & was a bit shocked however that they only seem to be pushing them as a business option... Is it unusual that I wanted one purely for personal use??? I have a few friends in the UK that are BB users just for personal use but no one in Ireland...

2) The UK deals are pretty amazing in comparion to here... For £20 my friends get email/data/wap etc... I just get email/data...

3) People are shocked that a female has bought such a piece of technology!!! We like gadgets too!!!

Anyway wondering what other people think about above points from an irish perspecive...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I would like a Blackberry Bold when they come out.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Me too but for now my Curve will do me!!

what is the battery life like in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You say email, data, wap. Can you clarify? I know the o2 one covers all push email and all internet usage on the wap apn. This is pretty good. I'm confused what you mean by data in this equation.

And it's not unusual to want to check emails on the go. I know loads who do it. I use a symbian phone to do it though.

random wrote: »
    You say email, data, wap. Can you clarify? I know the o2 one covers all push email and all internet usage on the wap apn. This is pretty good. I'm confused what you mean by data in this equation.

And it's not unusual to want to check emails on the go. I know loads who do it. I use a symbian phone to do it though.

If I want to access websites through wap I have to pay more... :( Data for BB messenger and push email...

• Advertisement

what is the battery life like in them?

I find it good. Mine lasts a day and I use it LOADS!! I just charge it at night. I have a car charger in the car for if I get stuck or am away but generally no problems... You have to remember that as it does so much more than a regular phone it will obviously use more battery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I believe anything you access using the blackberry browser is included in your monthly. If you use any other browser you have to pay.

I think its ok for girls to have bb's - just don't admit to it in public!

I had a bb a couple of years back and hated the UI. it was very good at email but that was about it. Switched to Nokia and now have push email (like bb) from mail2web (for free) and a €9.99/month data bundle from Voda that covers all my internet access. Works great.

I do find it interesting in that every time I take out my E71 (and my E61 before that) people, mostly women, ask me "is that a blackberry?". Seems like if its push email therefore it must be blackberry.

If I want to access websites through wap I have to pay more... :( Data for BB messenger and push email...

I dunno if a blackberry would have any advantages over my current phone though,

I have a Nokia N73, got push email via Nokia Email Service using my google email address. Use Fring for VoIP calls and instant messaging on MSN and Gtalk. Battery usually lasts about a day or less running both Fring and Nokai Email Service in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I would like a Blackberry Bold when they come out.

A really nice piece of kit, the new interface is a lot nicer, video quality is amazing and it looks great.
    In general RIM have made massive changes in the last year, it's great that they are seriously looking at the consumer market as they are now pushing other features a lot more.

I'm currently using an 8300, but seriously tempted to get the Bold.

Incidentally, it's due out mid September on O2.

Advertisement