Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership Games : All pre/during/post match discussion here

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

11hj3.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Eh getting a bit of ahead of ourselves here I see in relation to Keane. All round he was better than Torres through the match, although thats obvious because Keane is a better all-round footballer than Torres(NOTE not more dangeous or clinical)

Keane needs to concentrate more on his own game. He seems to caught up in dictating where players should go. At times he looks like Kenny Cunningham in 2003. This is good to a point but he is a striker, leave that to Carragher.

Am I right in saying it tooks the cherished EL Nino a few games to find the net?

Good victory for Liverpool. Sunderland look a decent team, just a little short in some areas. I thought Andy Reid's passing was very good in the first half, but he needs to demand the ball more. This sort of strikes me as a game they would have drawn last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I know that its only the 1ST league game but is Torres the main striker and keane just there if a chance falls to him. Is the team geared towards torres?

Not giving out about Keane at all remember 1st game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

yayamark wrote: »
    and keane just there if a chance falls to him.

Errr, what ? Torres will playing furthest forward, Keane will probably play just behind him or on the right of the three.

Were Man Utd geared towards RVN? If so, then yeah I would say they are.

Torres hardly touches the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Torres hardly touches the ball.

He only needs to touch it once.

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ok By that so Torres will be top scorer and keane a feeder. So torres was bought for finishing and keane for his ability to play off the forward striker. Torres will be more successful and well liked, people will whinge about Keane not scoring enough even though he never can cos of the position he plays.

Am i right or way off?

Yeah in a way. Actually his performance today was like how he plays for Ireland.

Liverpool should sign McGeady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

hahahahaha thats funny.....

Youre not serious ? The SPL is below the Championship, standard wise. Theres no way McGeady is good enough for a top four side in the premier league.

I think Modric would have been a decent buy for Liverpool, and he came from a worse league than the SPL.

Also Hutton and Cuellar are top 4 epl standard and they played in spl.

Vidic played in the russian league and essien, drogba and cech played in the french league which is ****.

McGeady is as good as anything Arsenal or Liverpool have on the wing. He has in my opinion more than joe cole and kalou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He has in my opinion more than joe cole.

even for you mate that is a ridiculous thing to say. cole is light years ahead of McGeady.

At 22 McGeady is very like Joe Cole. Its all predictions, but if he continues to develop he will be better than Joe Cole is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

At 22 McGeady is very like Joe Cole. Its all predictions, but if he continues to develop he will be better than Joe Cole is now.
    ah man...

• Advertisement

I'm not even gonna argue with you, quoting this comment is enough :)

There is no reason why he can't. If he was Spanish or something people would rave about him, which is what a Spanish newspaper said before the Celtic vs Barca match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Keane is a better all-round footballer than Torres

sweet mother

There is no reason why he can't. If he was Spanish or something people would rave about him, which is what a Spanish newspaper said before the Celtic vs Barca match.

no youre dead right. sure they rated maloney as highly, look at him now, best player in the history of the game

Ok one of your very own players proved that reputation means nothing. Now the guy is labelled as one of the best players in the league. When they signed him, people were like '9 million, that is way too much'

McGeady is younger and has proved much more than Ashley Young ever did before joining Aston Villa. Unless you don't think Young is top 4 quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

McGeady is the next Mark Kennedy, I think he could be that good.

Ok one of your very own players proved that reputation means nothing. Now the guy is labelled as one of the best players in the league. When they signed him, people were like '9 million, that is way too much'

McGeady is younger and has proved much more than Ashley Young ever did before joining Aston Villa. Unless you don't think Young is top 4 quality?

young wasnt playing against league 1 standard opposition week in week out

Well Aston Villa are ****ed then aren't they with Cuellar at the back?

At least McGeady is marked by three players every week and kicked to bits. All Cuellar has to do is stand there.

McGeady is as good as anything Arsenal or Liverpool have on the wing. He has in my opinion more than joe cole and kalou.

roflbrothel.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What's people's views on McCarthy so?

He's unbelievable and he plays SPL. Typical of people on here to write players off because of the league they play in:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

McGeady is the next Mark Kennedy, I think he could be that good.

I laughed - oh how I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Quote:
    Originally Posted by estebancambias

:eek:

SantryRed wrote: »
    What's people's views on McCarthy so?

He's unbelievable and he plays SPL. Typical of people on here to write players off because of the league they play in:rolleyes:

lol, I'd say most people don't even know who he is on here.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by estebancambias

:eek:

Who do Liverpool and Arsenal play on the wings?

Liverpool--Benayoun and Kuyt....he's better than them...Benayoun is a very good player but McGeady is just more special.

Arsenal? Nasri and Eboue? Nasi is probably on a par with mcgeady, and eboue is ****. I don't watch french league so I'll say McGeady is better now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Arsenal? Nasri and Eboue? Nasi is probably on a par with mcgeady, and eboue is ****. I don't watch french league so I'll say McGeady is better now

Nasri on a par with McGeady? you're having a laugh. not only has Nasri the technical ability and ball skills, but he has far more of a brain. he's already twice the player McGeady can hope to be.

McGeady might be on a par with Walcott. quick feet, good contributions here and there, but too light and not enough of a footballing brain yet. the difference is that Walcott is being played out of position and at still only 19 has arguably much more potential.

• Advertisement

You are right, Nasri probably has more intelligence but let me ask you a big french football fan, yeah? you watched every marseille game? seen his epic performances and seen his not so good performances?

Who do Liverpool and Arsenal play on the wings?

Liverpool--Benayoun and Kuyt....he's better than them...Benayoun is a very good player but McGeady is just more special.

Last season Liverpool played Babel and Kuyt as wing forwards.

This season with the inclusion of Keane, its likely that it will be Babel & Gerrard in the wing forward positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

You are right, Nasri probably has more intelligence but let me ask you a big french football fan, yeah? you watched every marseille game? seen his epic performances and seen his not so good performances?

haven't seen a huge amount of either in fairness, so i think any judgement i make would be 'fair'. but i've seen good games and bad games from both. a poor McGeady isn't worth keeping on the pitch, he goes head down and gets stuck in a corner and frequently rules himself out as an outlet with poor positioning. Nasri at least still looks for the ball and puts himself in a good positions, even if nothing comes off he still assists with ball retention which is why he'll always be a much better player in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jesus lads - McGeady can be adjudged on the basis of his performances for Ireland in the last qualification campaign (a level way and beyond the SPL). He wasn't up to it. Case closed on him as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

lol, I'd say most people don't even know who he is on here.

Ah here, take your superiority complex elsewhere will ya. We're all aware who McCarthy is. Lord knows you've gone on about him enough making it impossible to avoid here anyway. :rolleyes:

And Robbie Keane isn't fit to lace Torres' boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm excited about today :) Newcastle are always a fun team to play, but with no decent wingers availible for United, its going to be a bit of a struggle! But sure these matches are what makes champions :)

I'm also somewhat hopeful that Chelsea's style won't have developed properly yet and Portsmouth nick a point. However after seeing them against United last week I'd be very surprised if it did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

United team basically picks itself.

Midfield of Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, with Tevez and Rooney up top. Only positon up for grabs which funnily enough some people regard as Uniteds weakest position is right back, Brown or Neville.

For Newcastle, Viduka, Owen and Carrol all injured, Martins should play up top on his own, Ameboi is fit but if the reports are to believed doesn't consider himself a Newcastle player any more. Coloccini should make his debut at the back. With a midfield of 5, Duff, Butt, Smith, Milner and Geremi.

It will be a tighter affair than previous recent meetings, United to win by an odd goal, won't be easy thou.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Normally I look forward to playing newcastle because generally they provide us with our biggest win of the season. But first day-itis sometimes gets the better of us and Newcastle could take advantage.

Is Rooney fit then? If he is fit I'd be a lot more confident..

He's fit. Defo going to play. The question is over whether he starts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'd have considered McGeady a bit average myself. And whoever said McGeady showed more than Young before he joined Villa. If you reckon anyone would have paid 9.5 million for a 21 year old McGeady you're sadly mistaken. And what a bargain it turned out for Villa. People just big up McGeady because he is Irish and there aren't many good Irish players, and him not having to play against a great standard makes him look better. Thats not to say that great players haven't come out of the SPL but I don't think McGeady is one of them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I don't care once he plays - He's the true star of the United team for me. We are so much more dangerous with him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Normally I look forward to playing newcastle because generally they provide us with our biggest win of the season. But first day-itis sometimes gets the better of us and Newcastle could take advantage.

Last time United met Newcastle on the first day of the season was 2000, United won 2-0.

It means feck IMO, but it is a historical Stat I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

anyone know any site i can watch the match in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Yeah my Newcastle are playing in a few hours anybody got a link for me to watch it online??? PLEASE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

www.justin.tv bookmark it

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

mike65 wrote: »
    www.justin.tv bookmark it

Mike
    Great site there Mike :)

Cheers

I'm really enjoying Chelsea here.
    Scolari has 4 central midfielders on the pitch, but its working nice so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Shocking defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

This football is stupidly good. The difference between this and what they've been playing before is huge. Deco, you minx.

I'm trying to figure out the formation is it

Mikel

Ballack
    Lampard

Deco
    Cole

Anelka
    ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement