Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership Games : All pre/during/post match discussion here

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hatrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hat-trick oh yea

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

DSB wrote: »
    X 2. Can't understand why anyone doesn't rate him.

Better off or Benitez will try and buy him too

Gabby Hatrick YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

DSB wrote: »
    X 2. Can't understand why anyone doesn't rate him.

hes brilliant against teams like city who he can get in behind, hes rubbish against teams who sit deep

hattrick is up

4-1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

city are shocking :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jeez we're shite

Friedel savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

JPA wrote: »
    :confused: Everyone rates him. Bloody brilliant. Paying for his new contract already.

fupping awesome!!!! Hat trick. Jesus. Amazing.

Loads don't on all the Villa forums I've read. Helix here too. But I think hes unreal. Gwan Gabby.

three assists from Young too

tbh I think gabby needs competiton or an alternative for when his style isnt working in games but he is class and seems to be still improving
    gabby gabby gabby agbonlahor he likes to score, he likes to sco-ore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

1-1 at old trafford

Van der Sar fault for the goal and fletcher for not marking the smallest man on the pitch (pitifull)

why the hell didnt Van der Sar catch the first cross??

thats why i think foster should be given the chance this season

and i see carrick is gone now and the god that is oshea is on

should have brought on Possebon imo, give the lad a chance

is tevez injured ?

Ah here come the subs. Only 20 mins too late ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

1-1 at old trafford

Van der Sar fault for the goal and fletcher for not marking the smallest man on the pitch (pitifull)

why the hell didnt Van der Sar catch the first cross??

thats why i think foster should be given the chance this season

and i see carrick is gone now and the god that is oshea is on

should have brought on Possebon imo, give the lad a chance

is tevez injured ?
    Tevez gone home to Argentina, family bereavement.

Making comments about VDS so early on in the season is ridiculous, he is still a top keeper and our top keeper.

Bringing Possebon on in such a big game at the start of the season would been crazy. No room to be giving anyone a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He hasn't been amazing, but this looks like a better Duff.

Great save Friedel, down his neck but it was hit with power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Foster is definitely a better goalkeeper than VDS.

• Advertisement

Campbell is far too slight , really needs to bulk up.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Foster is definitely a better goalkeeper than VDS.
    I am sorry but what are you basing that upon?

Ref so inconissent in UTD game its a joke, Campell gets a free for that but Vidic got away with it, joke tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Villain wrote: »
    Ref so inconissent in UTD game its a joke, Campell gets a free for that but Vidic got away with it, joke tbh

sounds pretty consistent to me ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Van Zuylen wrote: »

Opinion, one I'd agree with, he makes the same error's and has very questionable decision making shown up well today.

• Advertisement

thanks for the throw petrov but wtf was that

4-2

4-2

feck 4-2

echo-echo-echo

Lol not over yet! :D

mayordenis wrote: »
    Opinion, one I'd agree with, he makes the same error's and has very questionable decision making shown up well today.
    Strange opinion to base it upon , Foster has the potential to be a quality keeper, but all we have seen from him is two years in the Championship. VDS makes one mistake and its time for the scrap heap , BS I say.

Trevor Francis got it right for a bluenose, consolation goal

full time 4-2

11 goals in 4 competitive games so far this season

Coulda been 4-3. Sturridge looked quality again. Start him ffs

mayordenis wrote: »

for me van was medicore last season
    only for rio and vidic utd would have been in trouble
    he's decision making is gone to hell

• Advertisement

Well done Villa, great start hope for more of the same for the rest of the season, can't wait to get over to VP

Darren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Frustrating game. United getting killed by injuries/awaytrips/suspensions again just like last season. Carrick going off has visibily made us worse. I can't believe, well no I can, but i'm very disappointed he brought on O'Shea, he offers so little. That said, he's good in attacking corners so lets hope that works out.

VDS at fault for the goal. Foster was always going to push him this year. Last year however VDS was very very good and its unfair to say otherwise.
    Why is Fletcher marking Martins? No sense to me, he's a terrible header of the ball. Fletcher doing well otherwise, mega prediction from me :)

Campbell playing v. well I thought, he's doing exactly what we need him to do. If he had scored that goal (he shoulda) he'd be the MOM so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1-1 at old trafford

Nice to see the much vaunted man marking system work so well..:P

Who was captain for Villa today?

Laursen

laursen, hes the club captain now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

PHB wrote: »
    Campbell playing v. well I thought, he's doing exactly what we need him to do. If he had scored that goal (he shoulda) he'd be the MOM so far.

He's been good, but I think he needs to bulk up a bit. He's getting pushed off the ball a lot. He's very good with the ball at his feet though.

Question for Villa fans, will ye miss Mellberg this year guys?

Hear Hear Tom, really needs bulking up, being pushed of the ball cause he is small and light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

VDS at fault for the goal. .

At fault for the corner maybe. The goal was the fault of whoever left Martins alone for a free header. Nothign beforehand excuses bad marking.

Bojinov might be out for up to 6months according to the Sopcast commentator!! now that is unlucky with Injuries (going to have to take him out of my FF team)

I see Van Der Sar on the box nearly every week because United are always on TV.

Had the pleasure of seeing Foster play for my team Watford for two seasons and he was always fantastic. And that was two seasons ago but he could only of improved.

VDS is very prone to errors and if he was tested more or at a lower team you'd see these errors a lot more often.

yes

nobody seems capable of hoofing the ball out of the stadium at the minute

too much dicking around near our area thatll cost us points

only in the sense that he was well liked, We have signed an out an out RB (which is where Mellberg played last year) in Luke Young and The SPL player of the year for CB Carlos Cuellar aswell as making Curtis Davies loan a permanent deal. We are better in Defense esp when you add in Friedel and Shorey/Bouma when hes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bojinov might be out for up to 6months according to the Sopcast commentator!! now that is unlucky with Injuries (going to have to take him out of my FF team)

Indeed, very harsh on him. Very bad injury last season. Is this a recurrence or something different?

• Advertisement

I see Van Der Sar on the box nearly every week because United are always on TV.

Had the pleasure of seeing Foster play for my team Watford for two seasons and he was always fantastic. And that was two seasons ago but he could only of improved.

VDS is very prone to errors and if he was tested more or at a lower team you'd see these errors a lot more often.
    When I said what you basing it upon I was referring to Foster. To say foster is better than VDS is a much maligned view, as I have said Foster has had only two seasons for watford, he has yet to play regularly for United, but at the heart of it he may have the ability to become a great keeper for us but to say he is better well I dont know what to say.

Mellberg was quality for us, i think if we held onto him and still made the signings we have then we'd have a solid back five and solid replacements from the bench

But new season, new players and a good win means we'll only talk about missing him when results are going against us

Darren

Frustrating game. United getting killed by injuries/awaytrips/suspensions again just like last season. Carrick going off has visibily made us worse. I can't believe, well no I can, but i'm very disappointed he brought on O'Shea, he offers so little. That said, he's good in attacking corners so lets hope that works out.
    Fletcher doing well otherwise, mega prediction from me :)

thats why i mentioned Rodrigo Possebon

i know its a important match but every game this season will be important
    so give the lad the chance

oshea will bring nothing to the table

and fletcher mom so far?????serious wow dont see it my self
    and as Van Zuylen said campbell needs to bulid up hes upper body strenght

When I said what you basing it upon I was referring to Foster. To say foster is better than VDS is a much maligned view, as I have said Foster has had only two seasons for watford, he has yet to play regularly for United, but at the heart of it he may have the ability to become a great keeper for us but to say he is better well I dont know what to say.

He was playing in the Premiership when with Watford during the second season. He was the first name on the team sheet and was even given his first England cap during his time there.

I can't believe you think VDS is actually that good.

He was playing in the Premiership when with Watford during the second season. He was the first name on the team sheet and was even given his first England cap during his time there.

I can't believe you think VDS is actually that good.
    Ok so the question is I cant believe you think Foster is better than VDS, but it all comes to opinion doesnt it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement