Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you just won the Euro Millions

Options
  • 15-08-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

You have about 50 million euro and you will never have to work again in your life and you can do what you want.

So the big question is, now that you don't have to worry about body mods you can't have because of work, and you can afford anything you want, what would you get done?

For me I would get both my arms done and my neck (Tattoos)

Really love the diea of them but due to work I can only get the tops of my arms done and legs.

Anyway what would you get done be it tattoos or piercings?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I am going to get stuff doe regardless of whether I've to work or not. I prefer saving up anyway. It isn't a race to get everything done as soon as possible.

However, since you asked... only thing that sticks out in my mind is a subdermal in my forearm. Call it emo if you want, couldn't care, gonna get a heart put in. It will remind me not to wear my heart on my sleeve and keep it close to me i.e gaurded. Sooner I get it done the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

aww ****! i would be travelling for my ink, that's for sure. firs thing would be a 3 week holiday up to new plymouth for my sleeve. give time to design the full thing properly, make sure i like it (though im fairly sure i know how it should look at this point), get a lil surf holiday in, and get teh artist i want to do it, do it.

after that, im thinking lots of custom piercings... maybe a personal nutritionist to maximise my body's healing potential :P

pretty much get my entire left side of body inked/modded with the exception of my face, and possibly upper neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Damn you and your misleading title, there I was getting all excited to see how exactly I'd come to win it (I don't play the lotto or euromillions).:p

Well it'd certainly leave me greater flexibility regarding mods, there are still limits though due to still needing to interact with people when shopping and such.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Id go for a bodysuit from Horiyoshi III or Horitomo.
    Then Id have nowhere left to ink so Id get it all lasered off and start again in a different style :D:D

Personally I dont think much would change whether you were minted or not... you are either gonna go ahead with ideas in your head or not. Everyone seems to be in such a rush to get everything done these days.

Was talking to a pensioner who has almost full body coverage (japanese body suit), a whole heap of piercings, bisections...the works. It took him years, and he didn't start getting publicly (elbow and below) inked until he retired.

He talked to me about the 'done by 21' group. Sleeves, massive lobes, split tongue, the works all by the time they were 20-25. I've chatted to a few people who are in the group over the internet and they are sorry they went full steam ahead so early on. Sure we even tell minors here to wait until they are 18, in reality what difference is a few months going to make if you are intent on getting some flash off a wall?

As you can see, it's something I feel strongly about and can see it creeping slowly but surely into the forum here. I don't like it I have to say.

I've been getting pierced since I was 17, now 22. Got my first (and so far only) tattoo just going 21. Have had in total about 20 piercings all together over 5 years almost 6 years. Thats about 4 piercings a year. At most I've had jewelry in 10. At the moment I have 9, spread around the place. The rest I've let close up due to many reasons. Started with my labret, then rook, then tragus, then other tragus, then nipples, then both lobes, then appa, then nape, then nipples again, and a microdermal thrown in somewhere along the line. I built up to more invasive piercings and more complicated ones.

I've seen people at 19 getting their tongue split, at 21 with a 50mm labret! (2" labret, yes 2" hole) The same guy disappeared for a few months, low and behold he got it closed up. I know the lad in question through IAM and he's a nice guy but he regrets going so crazy on the stretching front. His left ear also snapped due to him stretching way too fast, and his labret looked so angry all the time he was stretching it... he screwed himself over, his family disowned him, he lost his job, his wife, he couldnt get a new job due to his looks. life was in sh!t basically. Now I don't forsee anyone in this forum going ape sh!t and stretching their lobes/labrets to huge sizes.

However, don't get caught up with the modblog group by trying to be the most extreme out there or thinking it's a race... or being fooled into thinking it's a race.

Also when did piercings and tattoos become mods? They aren't, they're piercings and tattoos respectively (or a 1960's British youth subculture). You get an implant or some form of split/bisection... then call em a mod. I know, I know, I'm the one who got the forum re-named to body modification but my reasoning was and still is, there's more potential for the forum if it was renamed, bringing in scarification, implants and all the other stuff.

*rant over*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Will--Full coverage is something Ive wanted all my life but really cant afford it.

I dont just want "flash off a wall" hence the reason I havent gotten inked in a couple of years.If it takes me till Im 80 then so be it BUT if I had the cash to get my bodysuit done now I would at least get it started.

I get where youre going with the whole "I want it now"
    Theres this mindset that it has to be the most "extreme" and "neverdone before" mod that no one else has and thats just fooking stupid (IMO)

Its like a race to the top (or should that be bottom) nowadays.

Just to make it clear, this isn't a jab at anyone in the forum. In fact quite the opposite, I care too damn much to see someone doing something they may/will regret in later life.

Hellrazer; I'm the same, as are others here. I amn't just gonna get any tattooist to ink me, I want a tattoo ARTIST to tattoo me.

I get you Will.

Heres my take on it--Im 34 no plans for anymore piercings(maybe just my tongue--but again its one Ive wanted for a long time and never got around to it)

As for tatts--I had booked to get my other sleeve done(The Horror movie inspired one)
    I cancelled the appointment!!
    Why?Because its just not what I wanted at the end of the day despite planning it for well over a year.

I want "Art" on my body not just any old design for the sake of it.I want something that I can look at in 50 years time and say that I have a piece of Art on me.

If it means I have to wait for another few years until I can afford to visit the artist that I want to do it then fine.Im in no hurry--my skin can wait.

As for "advising" 17 year olds to wait--I wish someone had advised me.
    I dont regret any of my ink but sometimes I do think I didnt make good use of the skin that I do have inked.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Will wrote: »
    Just to make it clear, this isn't a jab at anyone in the forum. In fact quite the opposite, I care too damn much to see someone doing something they may/will regret in later life.

^ This.

I think people sometimes think that there are a bunch of us here that are too critical of people, that we want to stop people getting things done because we disapprove, or have some agenda that we want to beat them to it/steal their ideas, or simply just cover our own asses, which for me (as well as yourself and Hellrazer and most of the other regulars) is simply not true, it's that we love tattoos/piercings, and just don't want to see people getting something done that they will regret by rushing into something, getting something done without putting the thought into it, primarily with tattoos, as piercings can heal up once they're taken out.

TLDR:

We love you all too damn much to let you do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I'd get........

"I won the euro millions" tattoed on the inside of my eye lids so when i sleep i'll be reminded of how dam lucky i am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Hellrazer wrote: »
    If it means I have to wait for another few years until I can afford to visit the artist that I want to do it then fine.Im in no hurry--my skin can wait.

Funny as this echos my sentiments on my back piece. The main question on the piece I get is "when are you going to get it finished? or you need to get it finished etc" But personally I'm in no rush to get my work finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I'd get this

200611230738-pix1.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Will wrote: »
    I am going to get stuff doe regardless of whether I've to work or not. I prefer saving up anyway. It isn't a race to get everything done as soon as possible.

However, since you asked... only thing that sticks out in my mind is a subdermal in my forearm. Call it emo if you want, couldn't care, gonna get a heart put in. It will remind me not to wear my heart on my sleeve and keep it close to me i.e gaurded. Sooner I get it done the better.
    Sorta like my tattoo i have planned.
    Exactly same idea like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

communication.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

uncle allan/hunter spanks collaboration sleeve!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Back to the point at hand.

finish off my facial piercings.
    Bridge
    septum
    medusa
    Spider bites on the left, to even out the ones on the right.
    cheeks
    anti eye browes

and ehh tattoo's
    well...

a fcuk load bassicly.
    I have many in my head that i have wanted for a long time, but yeah, im not 18 or employed, so no income! D:

im gonna get everything done anyway, but yeah it would be nice to have 50 mill in the bank too! (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

@Will, I completely agree with your post, although when I made this topic I didn't mean for people to rush out and get it done that day, I was just pointing out that some of us have jobs that do not allow us to get tattoos or piercings in certain places (or other body mods) and that having enough money to not need a job would solve that hence the "what would you get done".

Hope I cleared that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice and clear Captain Finger!

Dont mind me I just sorta hijacked the thread, took one of your points and ran with it.

Advertisement