Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on passenger airbag

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TheMaxDaddy

I thought airbags are only a problem if its rear facing?

The baby seat has two different methods of placing it forward facing. its real easy to do either one. So I'm not too concerned as its fitted 5 different manufacturer family cars in its life. I'm sure it'd fit, but I was just trying to find out from any commercial van owners if there was anything I hadnt thought of/know about, like insurance....

I'll be on the rentals insurance. Guess I should call them.

*edit*
    I called DOE in Belfast. It should be alright as long as it's fitted correctly, but that the airbag should be disabled (if there is one). Apparently (even with a front facing seat) the impact of the airbag expanding, on a small childs softer bones, could cause serious damage.

Disabled airbags should be noted to insurer (as mentioned in other posts).

Hope this helps anybody who has similar questions in the future. I'll update after journey.

Thanks for the advice.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Airbags can also be a problem for forward facing kids - their necks aren't as strong as an adults!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Rear lateral airbags as mentioned above aren't just the next step....now in a C5 near you....so where do you put the kids then??

Advertisement