Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Audi A4 TFSI 211BHP SE Vs BMW 320d M Sport 174 BHP

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

sid3 wrote: »
    I know this is off the topic slightly but AudiChris have you any idea why Audi are so slow in updating their website? You still can't configure the A4 avant or get prices for the extra specs even though I thought you posted a few weeks ago that dealers had been updated with new prices!

Hard to say, I'd say the guys are so up to their neck with new models (the new models they're launching this year are: A3 facelift, A3 Cabrio, new A4, A6 facelift and Q5) as well as price changes and preparing for the transition from MDL to Audi ownership. I'd say the website is down their priorities list.

I wish it wasn't though, I think the website is one of the most important elements of a company's marketing/branding strategy nowadays. If I'm buying something, the first thing I do is research it all on the web. I use the web to make sense of things before I sit down opposite a salesperson or take any major action.

I doubt I'm alone in this.
    MRJ wrote: »
    an audi is only a poor mans BMW go for the BMW diesel

Can you elaborate in terms of pros and cons of the BMW over the Audi? I don't know if this level of information is helpful to someone who's about to spend fifty-something thousand Euro.
    Only man talking sense here.

Sometimes this place feels like a Carlsberg ad:
    OP: I like A & B, I can't decide between them, advice please!
    Reply: Forget A & B, there's always C
    :D:D

OP should also consider switching from the Audi to a Skoda and take a really good holiday. Other choices are not buying a car, buying a second hand Audi/BMW, etc.
    Or they can spoil themselves, and their family, and buy a beautiful new car that they've (presumably ;)) worked hard for.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

BMW is a way better looking car, better handling car (RWD).May not have as much bhp but with with a turbo diesel car probably has a more tourqey engine which would make long distance driving ie overtaking, a lot easier and way better enonomy. plus when the time comes to tade it in it which will be a lot easier to pass on a diesel BMW or a petrol audi ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yeah, I'd be comparing diesel vs diesel or petrol vs petrol - the driving experience, residuals and running costs are different between the fuels.

I don't think you'll see much of a difference in depreciation and fuel economy between the A4 and 3 Series as long as they're similar engine and spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

AudiChris wrote: »
    Hard to say, I'd say the guys are so up to their neck with new models (the new models they're launching this year are: A3 facelift, A3 Cabrio, new A4, A6 facelift and Q5) as well as price changes and preparing for the transition from MDL to Audi ownership. I'd say the website is down their priorities list.

I wish it wasn't though, I think the website is one of the most important elements of a company's marketing/branding strategy nowadays. If I'm buying something, the first thing I do is research it all on the web. I use the web to make sense of things before I sit down opposite a salesperson or take any major action.

I doubt I'm alone in this.

Can you elaborate in terms of pros and cons of the BMW over the Audi? I don't know if this level of information is helpful to someone who's about to spend fifty-something thousand Euro.

Sometimes this place feels like a Carlsberg ad:
    OP: I like A & B, I can't decide between them, advice please!
    Reply: Forget A & B, there's always C
    :D:D

OP should also consider switching from the Audi to a Skoda and take a really good holiday. Other choices are not buying a car, buying a second hand Audi/BMW, etc.
    Or they can spoil themselves, and their family, and buy a beautiful new car that they've (presumably ;)) worked hard for.

I can see 50grand in a BMW , but an A4?
    No matter what way you dress Audis up , they are still only tarted up VW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

groupb wrote: »
    I can see 50grand in a BMW , but an A4?
    No matter what way you dress Audis up , they are still only tarted up VW's.
    Quite the victim of the ad agencies, aren't we?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

No , I just like cars!

Advertisement