Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda rx-7

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

S.I.R wrote: »
    yes i have, but thanks to the erm... " front mid mounting " of the little wanke.- rotary, its slowwer then a seicento till you hit 5k, come upto 7 and you litterally end up backwards, without trying.

strangly the turbos dont have this issue... nor does the 8...

must of been the More then ropey Fc.

You are talking out of your arse!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

oeb wrote: »

Rear wheel drives have much different handling than fwd or 4wd cars. I'm sure I am not the only person here who nearly killed themselves the first time they drove one when they tried to overtake someone by dropping down to third and slamming down the accelerator the exact same way as they would on a fwd =/
    +1
    Im only driving 6 months and I drove a Bmw. Lets just say Im gonna wait another few years to get a Rwd :p
    DaveyGem wrote: »
    But sure you wouldn be able to drive it. An unaccompainied learner driver in an RX-7 is a Gardas wet dream..

Made. My. Day. Sigged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Well fair play to the OP for taking the advice and taking a mature stance on reality, I think an Audi A3 1.6 would be a nice starter car, you'd pick up a 98 one for under 5k, mileage would rarely be over 100k as they're a womans car, gonna stereotype a little more and assume the **** hasn't been driven out of it! A
    t 105bhp they're nippy enough without getting you killed, they're not on a Garda's 'list'.. Throw a nice set of smart 17" wheels on her and she's good to go, don't destroy it in stickers etc and you have a great first car!

When I get home I'm buying a 00 A4 1.8TQS* with a K04-15 turbo remapped to over 250bhp, I could only dream of this when I was driving around in my bog standard glanza 4 years ago!

*fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Strange choice. the only reason I'd put up with the Glanza's dodgy image is the turbo. The Glanza S doesn't even have this. I can't see the point in getting one.

I wouldnt get one either but for someone who liked theyre shape/image and couldnt get insured on a turbo
    itd be a compromise plus itd still be jap import "modified" car if you get me

its his first car like hed kill himself in a turbo
    My god you come out with a terrible lot of crap.

haha I tend to agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye mate as said it won't be possible and rightfully, most insurers will laugh at you at 17, i'm 22 with 4 years NCB and i still don't have a hope, or the money to run one. I wouldn't look at getting a cheap one brought in as it may mean it is nearly time for a rebuild or has been trashed for a few years. Rebuilds come along around every 60k miles if the engine is looked after well. With rising petrol prices now to it wouldn't be the best idea. As said a civic vtec or something like that would be the right choice, i would just get something small to build up your experience and NCB for starters.

Join an rx7 forum and get all the info you need for the future if you really want to own one in 8 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 NoSummer

Why not get an old banger for less than 2K and drive it for a year. When you get your first tip (which there is a 50% chance of) it will cost you nothing and you wont have to make a claim (assuming you dont bang into anyone else..) THEN think about a higher powered car.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

G_H wrote: »
    you can get one imported handy enough for 4-5 grand

as it was a 1.3 liter car i didnt think it would be that fast or hard to handle any advice on what car i should get
    just shows how much you know about them then, they are a 1.3 ROTARY which means it puts out the same power as a 2.6 and they are also twin turbo, tax is like a 1.7 for some reason and insurance has its own group. expensive. look at a glanza or something before you jump in at the deep end,. get yourself some driving experience and brush up on your knowledge of cars while your looking about and building your NCB.

if you dont want a glanza then maybe look at the starlet gt? they have a bit more of a cool factor id say look well and you can tune it to your driving as you learn......

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭G_H

yeh i was stupid enough to think id be able to drive one i was looking at a glanza anybody know if they are hard to drive would i have much problems engine wise

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Glanzas are very easy to drive, as long as you don't overdo it in the bends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

ClioV6 wrote: »
    My god you come out with a terrible lot of crap.

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement