Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Choices

• 15-08-2008 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Well , time is nearly here to start the study again. I did F7 and F8 in June and hopefully have passed them. I am not sure which two subjects to do next. any ideas? I am leaning towards just doing F9 and P1 because they are next. What do people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 09_09

i m going to do P1 ..i am scared already...lolzzz...i have seen the syllabus ..it is just theory exam...Ethics ..Governence..lets see...hope for the best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

I reccomend that you follow the order in which ACCA present the exams, i.e. do F9 and P1 next.
    I made the mistake of jumping from F7 to p2. These are completely different exams, P2 being a lot harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bongoboy

If you have just sat F7 - the logical step would be to do P2 next imo.
    You are taking the consolidation up a notch but you have your grounding.
    I have to do this in December & will be sitting lecturers with David Aherne

Did P1 last sitting - all theory, horrible subject just hope I got it...

If you are doing P1 - I had Sean Browne for revision course from BPP very good. A girl i work with did it in DBS & said the lecturer was very good.
    Did the main course in Griffith, definitely avoid there!

As regards F9 - I see Patrick Lynch is back in DBS for this sitting - the best lecturer i ever had so defo go there !

Good luck to all Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 09_09

well, new lecturer Martin Cowboy has joined Griffith College....I heared he is good.and in Main campus James..he is good for nothing...Boring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

ROI Global
    P4 20% 31% Advanced financial management
    P5 49% 42% Advanced Performance Management
    P6 50% 28% Advanced Taxation
    P7 31% 33% Advanced Audit and Assurance

This migh help you choose on the optional subjects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Are the Irish ACCA pass rates available somewhere or only accessable to insiders such as yourself?;)

Could you post up the pass rates for the other subjects? I'm amazed that P4 is really low only 20%?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 SA1

I think I am leaning towards doing F9 and P2 .In regards to P2 I think I might as well do it now while the material from F7 is still relatively fresh in my mind. Have many people done this? Or should I just continue with the exams in the order given?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

Makes sense to try P2 as soon as possible after F7. Can you attempt a P paper eventhough all Fs have not been attempted? Do you have to do F9

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lordan

I would do F9 and P1 myself but as long as you pass them it doesnt matter which order you sit them. P1 and P3 are both theory and doing those two together yuck.

Would recommend shane o grady in independent for P1 was interesting and stayed awake in the classes and passed it thank god.

Will be repeating F7 myself (cant get passed it) cant decide between dave o donoghue or david aherne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

pass rates are not a secret, here are all of them for D2007

ROI Global
    F1 84% 81% Accountant in Business
    F2 53% 56% Management accounting
    F3 77% 67% Financial Accounting
    F4 56% 42% Corporate and Business Law
    F5 52% 34% Performance Management
    F6 53% 50% Taxation
    F7 50% 40% Financial Reporting
    F8 61% 43% Audit and Assurance
    F9 45% 53% Financial Management