Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Tribute to the Ladies of Jazz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Speaking of "Ladies of Jazz" .............. here's some more.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=iVFykDrsKkM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Pretty sweet! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Great voice and a good band, must get in to see you sing some night. Feel free to post your upcoming gigs in this thread and let us all know what you're up to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Wow! That's pretty amazing Valerie. Damn the Bewley's theatre and it's small capacity. I'll catch you next time though.
    Hey,

Just uploaded some clips from my last show in Bewleys if anyone fancies takin a look http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=euLRrpABS18
    We've another show coming up on 10th, 11th & 12 of October

Thanks,

VV

thanks daddio... will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Who's in your band btw? Is that cormac o'brien in the first clip?

yep, thats him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finally got round to checking this out, the material is not completely my cuppa (like my jazz a bit twiddly and twisted) but your vocals and the group backing is first class. The audio is very decent which is often not case with vids like this.

Is this a live project only or do you record?

Mike.

Thanks mike, I have to admit that when I'm not singing I like my jazz "twiddly and twisted" too:)
    For now it's just a live project but I do have ideas about recording and also about it not always being such a big show but scaling it down for just gigging around with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

m_9b923f5470c64159af16a18340d6c29b.jpg

• Advertisement

Awww thanks Thaed for the promotion.
    I hope all my boards friends can make it along!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

mike65 wrote: »
    Finally got round to checking this out, the material is not completely my cuppa (like my jazz a bit twiddly and twisted) but your vocals and the group backing is first class. The audio is very decent which is often not case with vids like this.

Mike.

Agreed with all of that; do not normally go for singing so much but wow you sure know how to do it and the audio and band are great.

thanks so much Desmo. Very nice of you to say... we're playing this weekend and for those of you who normaly don't go for the singing jazz the band are amazing and play on their own for a while without me so you'd get the best of both worlds if you were to come along:)
    thanks again for the kind words.x

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

By ringing the phone number on the advert, does it set the tickets aside and then you pay at the door or what? Don't want to miss out like last time.

you ring that number and leave a message with the night you want to go, the amount of tickets you want & your name and number. That holds them for you and then you pay at the door. We're actually nearly sold out again... I love saying that:)
    Thanks jaco, looking forward to meeting you... say hello to me afterward right!

Advertisement