Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dashed Hopes

Options
  • 15-08-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Broadband (or lack of)
    Tried 3 - Rubbish, tried local smalltime wireless operator - useless & expensive, tried Digiweb - too many trees.
    Reconciled myself to dial up and the internet cafe in town.
    Out of the blue a phonecall from Digiweb saying there might be a chance of broadband, her name was Jill and she sounded sooooooo lovely.
    Turns out my phoneline is still crap so no broadband.

God, why do you do this to me?

Seriously, is there any progress on Digiwebs mobile service beyond North Dublin? (Looks at Watty in anticipation)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I want to run fiber to your house and give you >100Mb\s speeds. I really do.

Unfortunately I have no idea where to start, and nowhere near enough money to finance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I couldn't possibly comment.

We can't even cheaply run fibre via sewer or waterpipes in this country. Too many Septic tanks and wells. :(

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

watty wrote: »
    I couldn't possibly comment.

We can't even cheaply run fibre via sewer or waterpipes in this country. Too many Septic tanks and wells. :(

Jesus!! are u serious.......i really thought that was a hope for the future.....so its a definite no-no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

tried any of the 3G services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

nuxxx wrote: »
    tried any of the 3G services?
    milkerman wrote: »
    Tried 3 - Rubbish

Three is undoubtedly the worst of the 3G providers, so if you are in O2 or Vodafone coverage, you might want to try one of them. O2 is cheaper, has a bigger cap, and don't immediately charge for going over. They also have EDGE in a lot of areas, giving about 250kbps outside 3G coverage, which for 20euro a month is quite a good dial-up, flat rate, alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I see the ESB installed a lot of their backhaul using a contraption that wound fibre around the power lines as it travelled along them. Wonder if they could build a smaller one that navigates around poles?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Onikage wrote: »
    I see the ESB installed a lot of their backhaul using a contraption that wound fibre around the power lines as it travelled along them. Wonder if they could build a smaller one that navigates around poles?

ESB have been doing a lot on the fibre front but i dont know if i would be confident that they would be anything more than providing for some existing telco companies backhaul. I would although LOVE to be proved wrong.

Rorser wrote: »
    Jesus!! are u serious.......i really thought that was a hope for the future.....so its a definite no-no??

I was only talking about fibre. Not the new Digiweb Wireless network.
    Digiweb will have exciting wireless and DSL products Nationwide and also fibre in some areas. But fibre generally is not going to happen any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I was only talking about fibre. Not the new Digiweb Wireless network.
    Digiweb will have exciting wireless and DSL products Nationwide and also fibre in some areas. But fibre generally is not going to happen any time soon.
    OT, but i thought Digiweb were in Mullingar, did they pull out of it or something?

Ask Sales.

• Advertisement
Advertisement