Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Smug Irishman

Options
  • 15-08-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

What is it with this country.

The irish man has been the pesant of Europe for 300 years. The EU decide to throw a few scrappings his way and now he suddently thinks he is king of the world.

Buying "property abroad", discussing rental yields, capital appreciation and so on. Drinking lattes, eating panninis. Even look at the ads on TV showing "office banter" among would would in the past be called retards.

It is amazing how easily he has been had. Now look at the situation, his smugness blinds him to the fact that he is being shafted at every turn.

Any clown with a degree seems to think he is immune from being conned, which just makes him more of a pleb.

Even look at the topics of the threads in this afterhours forum. Pure degrading trash, and the little office worker bee swallows the lot, and whats more he/she has this recently developed social conscience. They want to save the whales, for fcuk sake if you are dumb enough to buy bottled water they will contribute 10 litres to africa for every litre you buy. What tatter.

The social engineers have a prime example of their trade in the "new" irish man.

A disgrace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

tl;dr.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

OP have you a book or something I could buy? I'd like to read more of your nonsense insightful observations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Have you ever considered a literary career?

... don't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

The irish man has been the pesant of Europe for 300 years. The EU decide to throw a few scrappings his way and now he suddently thinks he is king of the world.

So? that doesn't matter. most of us only known a life of priviledge (sp) so yeah, why should we expect less. What happened in generations gone by has no major effect on what goes on today.

Anyone who believes in "race memory" is an idiot!:mad:

(kind of off topic, but i love a good rant!):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

tl;dr.

I will edit it down for you:

PMS super whinge.

That is all you need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Guess somebody got sacked today and is now pretending they never liked working in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Get with the times op.
    EPIC FAIL!!!!!111!!1eleventy one!!!!1

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Insert "where is my mind" tape. Imagine destroying all the credit institutions in Ireland.
    Cut arms.
    Repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DUMBOBLONDE

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Get with the times op.
    EPIC FAIL!!!!!111!!1eleventy one!!!!1

Oh, the "new" irishmam has no problem with that, the problem is that he will adapt and accept anything that is put upon him.

The fighting irish, more fight in a dead dog.

When did everyone go all corporate?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Sexist drivel. Get back and finish them dishes!

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote: »
    Sexist drivel. Get back and finish them dishes!

Agreed, thats the way it should be.

The "new" woman now wants the lot.

Do you know why female liberation was promoted from the top??????????

To double the tax base and destroy the family unit, thats why.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh, the "new" irishmam has no problem with that, the problem is that he will adapt and accept anything that is put upon him.

You fight that powah OP.
    From the dole queue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

FuzzyLogic wrote: »

... don't
    I reckon the poster is Dreamy Dave McWilliams, so it might be too late for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

'bout 1988 I reckon.

So..... ya got fired didn't ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Has casey had a sex change?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I like this guy. He knows where its at.

(Srsly, I hate you all.)

Prime example of the new man;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7563066.stm

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So what's new about idiocy? It's been here forever and it'll outlast religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

OP,
    Why so angry? :confused: Everyone is different. :) What's wrong if people have money to spare? It beats having to scrape around for money for the baby's milk, doesn't it? Stop for a second, take a deep breath and really tell us what's bothering you. :) No one will listen, hell they'll even rip the piss out of you, but at least you would come across as someone who is hurt rather than a looney bitch. Maybe a brief spell in PI or a padded cell may help.

Have a great day and hope you feel better real soon,
    Ger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Hey OP. How did you get unplugged from the Matrix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

You are spot on. We should go back to the days of **** all money and ridiculous unemployment levels.

Sure we didn't have much but we could get drunk and fight, right?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

What is it with this country.

Buying "property abroad", discussing rental yields, capital appreciation and so on. Drinking lattes, eating panninis. Even look at the ads on TV showing "office banter" among would would in the past be called retards.

It is amazing how easily he has been had. Now look at the situation, his smugness blinds him to the fact that he is being shafted at every turn.

Any clown with a degree seems to think he is immune from being conned, which just makes him more of a pleb.

Even look at the topics of the threads in this afterhours forum. Pure degrading trash, and the little office worker bee swallows the lot, and whats more he/she has this recently developed social conscience. They want to save the whales, for fcuk sake if you are dumb enough to buy bottled water they will contribute 10 litres to africa for every litre you buy. What tatter.

The social engineers have a prime example of their trade in the "new" irish man.

A disgrace.

I've always wondered what would happen if you just wrote a bot to trawl something pathetic like livejournal or DevientArt for the most half assed, innane, juvenile scribblings it could find and then had it post them on a forum for all to see.

And now i know.

Just keep smiling, honey. We are all one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Put it in the angry bastard forum!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

OP, by all means, go back and be a poor peasant if you want, did it ever cross your mind that Irish people work hard for what they have aswell??.... Thread FAIL tbh!

Steve_o wrote: »
    OP, by all means, go back and be a poor peasant if you want, did it ever cross your mind that Irish people work hard for what they have aswell??.... Thread FAIL tbh!

They work far too hard, thats the problem. If they ever stopped to think............ Then we may get somewhere, everyone chasing the MTV lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I'm bored OP, this is just is sub-trolling. Be a proper troll ffs. If you want to have a pseudo-intellectual ****, the religion forum is much better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

FuzzyLogic wrote: »

... don't

LMAO!!!

Seriously OP, what do you expect?

• Advertisement

milod wrote: »
    I'm bored OP, this is just is sub-trolling. Be a proper troll ffs. If you want to have a pseudo-intellectual ****, the religion forum is much better :D

Thats it, just laught the issue off and go back to HEAT magazine, whos Britney banging at the minute??????

Advertisement