Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Smug Irishman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

i whole-heartedly agree with the OP.....what were ya talking about again??:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thats it, just laught the issue off and go back to HEAT magazine, whos Britney banging at the minute??????

Yore ma?
    Is that what caused all this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What is it with this country.

The irish man has been the pesant of Europe for 300 years. The EU decide to throw a few scrappings his way and now he suddently thinks he is king of the world.

At least irish women are ok so

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

They work far too hard, thats the problem. If they ever stopped to think............ Then we may get somewhere, everyone chasing the MTV lifestyle.

I want my... I want my.... I want my MTV. Unfortunately I have to install some microwave ovens and move some colour TV's. Damn capitalist pigdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

MIN2511 wrote: »
    LMAO!!!

Seriously OP, what do you expect?

To be given a dole cheque and some cannabis.

Is the angry bastard forum up yet anyone? (linkage?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

The irish man has been the pesant of Europe for 300 years. The EU decide to throw a few scrappings his way and now he suddently thinks he is king of the world.

Buying "property abroad", discussing rental yields, capital appreciation and so on. Drinking lattes, eating panninis. Even look at the ads on TV showing "office banter" among would would in the past be called retards.

It is amazing how easily he has been had. Now look at the situation, his smugness blinds him to the fact that he is being shafted at every turn.

Any clown with a degree seems to think he is immune from being conned, which just makes him more of a pleb.

Even look at the topics of the threads in this afterhours forum. Pure degrading trash, and the little office worker bee swallows the lot, and whats more he/she has this recently developed social conscience. They want to save the whales, for fcuk sake if you are dumb enough to buy bottled water they will contribute 10 litres to africa for every litre you buy. What tatter.

The social engineers have a prime example of their trade in the "new" irish man.

A disgrace.

apart from the first sentence ... I think he could be right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Oh, the "new" irishmam has no problem with that, the problem is that he will adapt and accept anything that is put upon him.

The fighting irish, more fight in a dead dog.

QUOTE]
    The ' fighting irish ' slogan was used to beef up the courage of the irish who were figting in the american cival war .

it was also adoted by hollywood when ever they needed an 'irish' angle in their war films .

The british also adopted it as a way of describing the irish when they were trying to recruit irishmen into the British army . The 'big drinkers ' tag also entered the equation and the ' fighting big drinking irishman ' sterotype entered folkore around the world .

Some even bought into and believed this sterotype not helped by the fact that some irish tried or felt they had to live up to up to it ,the sterotype that is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

Me thinks OP has watched Fight Club a few too many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

robby^5 wrote: »
    Me thinks OP has watched Fight Club a few too many times.

Or not enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Buying "property abroad", discussing rental yields, capital appreciation and so on. Drinking lattes, eating panninis. Even look at the ads on TV showing "office banter" among would would in the past be called retards.

It is amazing how easily he has been had. Now look at the situation, his smugness blinds him to the fact that he is being shafted at every turn.

Any clown with a degree seems to think he is immune from being conned, which just makes him more of a pleb.

Even look at the topics of the threads in this afterhours forum. Pure degrading trash, and the little office worker bee swallows the lot, and whats more he/she has this recently developed social conscience. They want to save the whales, for fcuk sake if you are dumb enough to buy bottled water they will contribute 10 litres to africa for every litre you buy. What tatter.

The social engineers have a prime example of their trade in the "new" irish man.

A disgrace.

Racist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

We've made the op angry, so what. i like coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I'll fix all of Irelands problems with another mass.... I thought the first one went very well!!

Happy OP??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

milod wrote: »
    I'm bored OP, this is just is sub-trolling. Be a proper troll ffs.

QFT. OP is really poor standard trolling. Put a liitle effort, humour and above all intelligence into it next time please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Dragan wrote: »
    Or not enough.

Definitely not enough times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

this thread needs more cowbell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

faceman wrote: »
    this thread needs more cowbell

A far more valid point that whatever the OP was banging on about anways!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

A disgrace.

What do you want us to do, oh wise one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Well I'm not really sure what the Hell you're talking about but OK.

I reckon this blonde chick will get to about 30 posts before the permban.
    If only Xavi was here we could run a book on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I'll offer 3/1....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Back in the old days an Irishman had to walk for 13 miles through the whipping rain, with no shoes, and a cow tied to his back, to get a permaban. These kids of the Celtic Tiger don't know how easy they have it, getting permabans willy nilly without even getting up off their arses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Thats it, just laught the issue off and go back to HEAT magazine, whos Britney banging at the minute??????

Couldn't tell ya, I'm far too busy discussing property prices over a latte with me potato-head chums. Jaysus though the price of a feckin' panini these days is robbery.

Seriously missed the point there OP - it wasn't the message, it was the medium. Pompous faux-intellectual tripe doesn't generally wash in AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

A disgrace.

Either proffer a solution, your solution to the current 'societal ills' as you see them......or please refrain from posting this pseudo-intellectual handwringing garbage.

Put up or shut up.

How is it psuedo intellectual? That post is barely in english. It's a metaphorical sprawl, on toilet paper, done with poop in a lonely cell long after anyone has stopped visiting the mental hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

How is it psuedo intellectual? That post is barely in english. It's a metaphorical sprawl, on toilet paper, done with poop in a lonely cell long after anyone has stopped visiting the mental hospital.

That is a ****ing hilarious review. I'm cringing in sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Sorry but has to be said

'hate the player not the game'
    if you not in the game of life - then stop complaining about it and get in it.

It sounds like you have been on baords all one day and decided to make up an opinion to ensure that you get enough replies. *slaps hands like sealion* well done.

NEXT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DUMBOBLONDE

fitz0 wrote: »
    Racist

Sorry, I should have said earlier I am non PC.

Does that offend you?

Sorry, I should have said earlier I am non PC.

Using a laptop then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DUMBOBLONDE

Wreck wrote: »
    Using a laptop then?

With "witty retorts", it often helps if they make sense.

A laptop is also a personal computer.

• Advertisement

With "witty retorts", it often helps if they make sense.

A laptop is also a personal computer.

Ah, not such a dumb blonde after all then. Just a piss poor troll.

Advertisement