Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rafa Returns

• 15-08-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭

Fantasy Rafa is back!
    www.fantasyrafa.com

Just made a boards league;
    League name; Boards.ie
    Password; boards

Simple in theory, fiendishly difficult in practice, the aim of the game is to guess Rafa's starting 11 for each match. Hopefully it'll be a little simpler this year then last!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure I have the fortitude for this.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The guy who won it last year was called...Madman?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mike65 wrote: »
    Not sure I have the fortitude for this.

Mike.

thinking i might just put in the next 10 teams every few weeks this year. if i get a chance up update any of them well and good, but at least something will be entered.

Last year i was just doing it week by week and doin pretty well, but inevitably eventually missed a week.

I've signed up (and signed in)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

This is a disgusting concept. How much more did Benitez "rotate" than Arsenal or United???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This is a disgusting concept. How much more did Benitez "rotate" than Arsenal or United???

Funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ffs "disgusting"?!?! lighten up guy! its done BY liverpool fans.

And for what its worth, the top people were only averaging 9correct picks per game.
    I myself was in the top 5 or 10 for a good while, and in that time didn't pick the exact 11 once.

Its a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's a good game.

What makes it work, is that while Rafa didn't rotate any more than any other manager, he rotated from the start in a consistent fashion.

Bump - c'mon chaps, we have only 8 members atm.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Bump - come on people join in.

Also please let the record show I am top - Hurrah!!!

Sadly this is not going to last so I want to bask in the magnificence of my achievement. :p

• Advertisement

You say you are top. I see no evidence to support the claim! Teeth_or_Feet???

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Spot the Scouser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I gave up after less than 10 games last season. Not putting myself through that again.

How to play:
    You start off with the strongest team, adjust it to what you think Rafa will put out on the day, adjust it again to allow for a few wildcards and then close your eyes and stick a pin in the squad sheet for the last one or two players. This method should get you around 9 or 10 right every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

mike65 wrote: »
    You say you are top. I see no evidence to support the claim! Teeth_or_Feet???

Mike.

Mockadious :D - for further proof check the team I selected on the fantasy rafa site and check the team I selected on the Liverpool supertread on Friday -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56910215&postcount=2107
    Surprisingly they match ;)- I think it was my selection of Plessis that got me the ten points.:)
    Shockingly no-one got the correct eleven. out of almost 1500 players.

A shocking numbr of people selected Babel (65) and Mascherano (83) :confused:

2 people even selected Cavailieri to start :eek: :rolleyes: :confused::D

On the teeth or feet thing, comes from seeing one nasty team playing and thinking they didnt know whether to use their teeth or feet to play. Use it for fantasy football as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I signed up. Missed the first game so I have some ground to make up.

Advertisement