Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy wit Cao choices>>!!!??

Options
  • 15-08-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

when i opened my leaving cert results i was over the moon i got 450 and i was gonna be happy with 300 but then depression hit..

confused.gif i rechecked wat i put in my cao and realised i cant do 5/8 choices on my cao because i didnt achieve certain grades in certain subjects. I dont want my first two choices now and blah blah i bascially made a mess of it all!!! I know my only option is to wait a whole year and reapply for the cao with a proper list of choices (i must have been langers or something applying this year)
    What to do next is the question??????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Im the same in that I got the points but not the proper grade (got a C2 in german and needed a C1)
    Now I actually want something lower on my list (want my 8th choice and ill probably get my 7th...)

Is it 6am monday morning they become available at www.cao.ie ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Yep, 6 a.m. is when they're out. Keep hitting the F5 key around 5:55... Ahh, memories...

Edit: This is the page http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Yep, 6 a.m. is when they're out. Keep hitting the F5 key around 5:55... Ahh, memories...

Edit: This is the page http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=points

Wow its gonna be exciting getting up that early to see what could be the most important information on our screen we have ever seen.

I will kiss my F5 button if I get my 1st choice, then kiss the screen, then hit the pub for celebrations.
    otherwise, one shall go back to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I kinda changed my mind about wanting to go all the way up to dublin just so I could add a "theoretical" to my physics. Now I'm swimming in a pool of despair.

Probably just cold feet or something though... but dublin is just too city for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I will kiss my F5 button if I get my 1st choice, then kiss the screen, then hit the pub for celebrations.
    Don't forget to log in and accept the course before going to the pub ;)

Also, raah!, don't worry about Dublin giving a daunting aura. You'll (most likely) be living on campus with people from all over Ireland who are in the same situation, whether it's TCD or UCD.

• Advertisement

It's possible to change course inside the college, and indeed to change college. There needs to be a free course in the college you want to go to, you'll need to have all the points and the matriculation requirements, and there can't be any timetabling issues (and there may be other things to clear up too). To find out more, contact the admissions office of the college you're looking to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

have a look at the vacant places list on the cao website. it might be closed now till tuesday the 19th. even if you receive your first choice and now dont want it you can still apply for a vacant place on a course on the list. once you satisfy the minimum requirements you can apply.

ok well im fairly positive ive limerick, now the seriously tough job of finding accomodation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

Trust me raah! once you settle in Dublin its verry small town :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39 only18

yeah i needed a c1 in french got a c2 needed a b3 in eng but got a retared undeserved C2 when english was the only subject i studied for >:(
    ...........do you think you will reapply through cao 09 if you dont get what you want??

• Advertisement

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Wow its gonna be exciting getting up that early to see what could be the most important information on our screen we have ever seen.

Oh mate im not going to bed, im cranky when I wake up, its better this way.

Red bull/coffee will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

BaRcOe wrote: »

at 6 am?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Meh little miffed put tcd infront of ucd but its not real biggy, doing nursing and the course has to be the same, just the fact placements are in james' or tallaght rather then vincents' or mater kind of messes me up but its no major problem

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

:| wrote: »
    at 6 am?

Early house :rolleyes: haha

Advertisement