Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent hairdressers in Celbridge

Options
  • 15-08-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Celbridge that does a decent blow dry? Don't say Snippets as I had the misfortune to have the worst haircut and blow-dry in my life ever there.

Thanks muchly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 killerqueen

I believe the hairdresser beside the new tesco is very good?
    OB1 in Maynooth is where I go they are brill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BrightI

Hi saw your post ref Hairdressers in Celbridge, I recently moved here from West of Ireland (march 09) and found Snippet by accident and found them wonderful, I have returned now on 4 occasions and really love what they have done for my hair, my highlights were so nice that my mother who lives in Galway travelled from there just to get them done in Snippets and was really happy - maybe its changed since you were there over a year ago but I would recommend it to anyone, friendly and value better than any of the rip off merchants who have big fancy salons and no personality .....

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Rob67

My Wife and Daughter both go to Hubu beside Tesco's on Maynooth rd and love the service they get there. I've little or no hair so I can't give a personal review but they've never had any problems and you can walk in without an appointment, according to my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

The only thing about HuBu is that you can't make an appointment, so if you're tight for time you're not guaranteed to get in. I have heard good things about them though.

Maybe Snippetts has improved but even despite the woeful haircut and blow dry I got I found them very expensive and not very friendly.

After trying a few places I now go to the Madison Hair Group just off the Main St. Always friendly, accommodating and they really know their stuff about hair. Reasonably priced too. Can't find fault with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gerostapo

I have been a customer of Snippets since they opened and have always found them very efficient, experienced, friendly and value for money. Whenever I have my hair cut people comment on how good the cut is and ask where I have it done. I have recommended the salon to family and friends and they all go there now to get their hair done and haven't looked back. The girls in the salon are always very friendly and helpful.

I have lived in the area for over 30 years and have tried most salons and have found snippets the best out of all of them. Their standard is as good as any of the top salons in Dubliln.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

gerostapo wrote: »
    I have been a customer of Snippets since they opened and have always found them very efficient, experienced, friendly and value for money. Whenever I have my hair cut people comment on how good the cut is and ask where I have it done. I have recommended the salon to family and friends and they all go there now to get their hair done and haven't looked back. The girls in the salon are always very friendly and helpful.

I have lived in the area for over 30 years and have tried most salons and have found snippets the best out of all of them. Their standard is as good as any of the top salons in Dubliln.

+1 mloc123, good spot :), This once-only poster above seems a little tooooo happy with the same establishment, if it was me I would curl up and dye with embarrassment. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Zeba In maynooth is what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emmcon

CANT BELIEVE MADISON CLOSED DOWN HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR YEARS LOVED TERRY AND KERRY. HAVE APP TOMORROW IN ANOTHER SALON FINGERS CROSSED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fabjo

I didnt realise that Madison closed down, they were good. Im always trying new salons as I just want to find a place where I can be guaranteed a good haircut. I tried Zeba in Maynooth and its a lovely salon but I wasnt happy with the cut so Im going back to Snippets next week to see if they can fix my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Since Madison closed I've been going to Athena on the Hazelhatch Rd. and I've found them good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emmcon

well went for my haircut and was really thrilled. went to the salon over the bridge called snippets. my hair was lovely they have 3 colourists there like a city centre salon so have decided to get my meche done.... they have specials on and its only 89.00. so fingers crossed again.. they were very busy so thats a good sign x x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Yup... funny how you lot that highly recommends Snippets are commenting for the first time (or second). Well, maybe it's just a coincidence :rolleyes:

I've been to Hubu once, the service and blowdry were both good. Walk-ins are great when you have the time to spare...

So, next week I'm giving Athena a go, and I shall post the outcome here ;)

Advertisement