Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

headin to uk to purchase but want wife as registered owner.....

Options
  • 15-08-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Do i just put her name down on the v5 document ? or do i wait until i register it here in ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No - you take the V5 home with you and give it the VRT office when registering the car here in Ireland.

Fill in the VRT form with the name of the new owner and owners address and bob's your uncle!

Do not send the V5 to the DVLA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Don't fill in anything on the V5, just be sure to get the whole thing and bring it to the VRO, they can then register the car to your wife for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 templar01

cheers Lads - thats great !!

Looks like the 17:15 ferry could be off tomorrow :)

any tips for hanging around holyhead ??

Don't .....being the obvious one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

don't,

hang around chester. Its a short enough drive on good roads to Holyhead adn at least there are bars, restraunts and the cinema to kill afew hours

• Registered Users Posts: 43 templar01

tnx green blood.

ya - never been to holyhead but dont have a very good image of it !!:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There's an excellent racing track/circuit nearby.

Advertisement