Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bike - question

Options
  • 15-08-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not, mods feel free to move.

My bike got stolen recently :(:mad::( so I am currently looking for a replacement...nothing fancy, basically a ladies bike that moves (without too much difficulty), not a mountain bike cause I find them to bulky and it will only be for cycling in and out to college and round town (Dublin). My absolute maximum budget is €200 (ideally to include a new lock and lights cause my old ones were on the bike that got stolen :().

So basically my question(s) is this - what kinda price should i expect to pay second hand for this?

If a lot of what I am seeing on gumtree and the like are above the €150 mark anyway should I just buy a fecking new one (which the dude in UCD bike shop said I'd get for 200 when i rang to see if they had any second hand ladies bikes in stock)?

And any idea why the huge difference in prices quoted on gumtree and the like? I mean I really just see my bike as a cheaper and more convenient mode of transport then the bus so I'm not looking for super duper light weight frame made from something nasa have been working on or anything and they all sound the same in the descriptions!!

Thank you in advance for any tips of wisdom :)

Comments

Advertisement