Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Was driving along N11 when...

Options
  • 15-08-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Last night at approx 11pm was driving southbound along N11 between Stillorgan and Foxrock somewhere, through heavy roadworks, with quite a bit of traffic as a result. Twas very dark also. After a gradual left bend, the road then picked upwards when suddenly out of the blue, amongst all the traffic light/road-workers flashing-lights/ generators etc., A green laser beam shone directly into my eyes coming from about 500-1000m opposite lane but directly on front of me, the junction of Leopardstown Rd I think it was.

The beam was bright luminous green - and I was trying to see where it was coming from - i.e, workers - another car or what - when a second later it turned off.

As I drove up to where it was emitted, again I just saw a maze of workers and other traffic, but I couldn't pinpoint where or what the beam was from.

Do any of you guys know what it was from? All I can think of is that maybe is some kind of aligning gear for the workers, which just happened to move briefly and directly into my field of vision.

Saw no kids with any pointers - think that kind of thing went out a while ago - and all those pointers were always a red beam. This was an intensely strong luminous green with amazing range.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Aliens tbh! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Zube wrote: »
    Something like this?

cheers for the link.
    maybe - I was looking out for anything when I got to the top of the hill, but maybe it was just turned off and such a small unit I didn't notice. For about 0.02 sec scared the crap out of me - that kind of thing never happened before where I could see the *entire* beam - as opposed to just the dot that it can make. I was fairly moving at the time and to shine directly into my eye, at the end of a bend... well, I suppose in hindsight I can laugh now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

This one says:

Topcon's innovative Green Beam® technology gives you the advantage of a beam that's four times brighter than conventional beams. That means you never lose track of it - even in direct sunlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Zube wrote: »
    This one says:

Topcon's innovative Green Beam® technology gives you the advantage of a beam that's four times brighter than conventional beams. That means you never lose track of it - even in direct sunlight!

lol - great! direct sunlight!!!

Was driving a shining 940 estate at the time, maybe I'll mount a few of these on the bonnet and drive the same route again tonight and see how they like it... reckon they might add something to the look of the car..!

would be an odd activity for a Friday night though... so might give it a miss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement