Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin, 17th August

Options
  • 15-08-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm not about tomorrow (dentist appt to get my tooth looked at), so how about a Sunday spin. It has to be flat, as I've a bit of a chest infection and won't make it up and serious hills at the moment, so how about 10am at the Papal Cross in Pheonix Park?

Route to be decided (not Drogheda though!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Right, I'm not about tomorrow (dentist appt to get my tooth looked at), so how about a Sunday spin. It has to be flat, as I've a bit of a chest infection and won't make it up and serious hills at the moment, so how about 10am at the Papal Cross in Pheonix Park?

Route to be decided (not Drogheda though!)

no Humpy 100 for you then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I won't be free this Sunday unfortunately.. was hoping for a Saturday spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    no Humpy 100 for you then?

Most definately not -even my commute has me a little breathless at the moment. Need to get a new inhalor I think :)

fish-head wrote: »
    I won't be free this Sunday unfortunately.. was hoping for a Saturday spin!

Start a Saturday Spin thread -there's bound to be someone who wants to head out (looks towards Blorg)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Most definately not -even my commute has me a little breathless at the moment. Need to get a new inhalor I think :)

We'll need to see an AUT (or TUE or whatever they call it) for that before you go on any more spins.

• Advertisement

Done and done.

Raam wrote: »
    We'll need to see an AUT (or TUE or whatever they call it) for that before you go on any more spins.

How about a note from me mammy?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

10am is a little late; would need to be quite early if we want to be in Carlow for a 9:30am start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

COuld be on for Sunday, but would need a 9 start as opposed to 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I'm in :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I'm up for it as long as this awful bloody rain takes a break.

Is it 9 or 10 at the cross?

It's most definitely still on -rain or shine I'm heading out.

Papal cross at 10 -any earlier is too early for me

Might be more on for this after all than the Lumpy Humpy, emty and myself were a bit undecided after this morning's experience!

I heard that rain would hold off until later on in the afternoon ... we could have a dry-ish sunday spin. I will be there anyway ... 7 days to the SKtour ...

It's most definitely still on -rain or shine I'm heading out.

Papal cross at 10 -any earlier is too early for me

Sounds good, I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Any idea what route ye will be taking?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Any idea what route ye will be taking?

I think it'll be a case of deciding tomorrow, but could be Maynooth, Trim type way

Nice one guys, really enjoyed the spin.

I had 106.6km clocked from leaving and returning to the park.

We lucked out with the weather too, who'd have thought?

But perhaps the most significant moment today was discovering the secret power of wasps*

*like Kryptonite to fixed gear riders, though not actually visible in this picture:D

Indeed, nice spin, 121km in total for me. We were very lucky indeed with the weather, very nice sunny break in Trim and a bit of a downpour there immediately after I got back in my door. Emty kept pushing the pace and was in really top form.

Had to cycle from Batterstown back with my knee in bits after I turned around to look at unionman falling over- not sure exactly what happened but think when looking back I might have momentarily forgetten that you can't just stop pedalling!

Unionman came out of it rather better than me I think, small bit of blood in the attached photo BTW :D

Nice spin indeed, exept that I was cycling with a 100% dry chain ( from cycling in the heavy rain yesterday) making an aweful metal to metal grinding sound, making me push the pedals so hard my knee eventually got a bit sore. But overal a pleasant spin :)

112km for me I think ... and I have the bike already cleaned up and everything lubricated so no more grinding and squeaking. Ready for my Monday spin.

( oh ye ... I did just buy a fixie too ,,, shame on me I am also a blorg wannabe and a fashion victim )

• Advertisement

( oh ye ... I did just buy a fixie too ,,, shame on me I am also a blorg wannabe and a fashion victim )

Hurrah, and welcome to the dark side :)

Well done on buying the fixie Caroline, I am sure you won't regret it! I'd be on for a spin myself tomorrow but reckon it would have to be up the mountains.

I'd be in for a spin I reckon.

blorg wrote: »
    Had to cycle from Batterstown back with my knee in bits after I turned around to look at unionman falling over- not sure exactly what happened but think when looking back I might have momentarily forgetten that you can't just stop pedalling!

Unionman came out of it rather better than me I think, small bit of blood in the attached photo BTW :D

Great photo blorg. Could be used by the special effects department to simulate an exploding volcano.

My fall was the usual unionman-in-cleat-induced-pratfall, and would have had a lot more comic potential had you not upstaged me with your superior bleeding all over the road skills!:D

Well done on getting the fixie Caroline, and welcome indeed to the dark side:cool:...but you're not going to start doing big long spins on it are you, I mean that's just mental. Who in their right mind...

...I'll get me coat.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

My Sunday morning spin: A quick 60km ride out to the village of Manzanares el Real and back. Got to stretch the legs after a long week in work and tweak the bike. Got my first front puncture ever on a descent on the way back. Was a little scary for a minute and had to conceed the day to the Spanish dude I was racing.

2771548337_564cf3250a.jpg

Well if nothing else you got a puncture.

BTW you do know it has been clear blue skies and 20+C ever since you left, right?

el tonto wrote: »
    My Sunday morning spin: A quick 60km ride out to the village of Manzanares el Real and back.

Amazing Photo! I noticed you're not too far from Noblejas where I spent a lot of my childhood summers, where my dad's familly is. ( actually that depends where you are coming from heading to Manzanares)

Our spin was kinda sunny too, I got a bit of a tan :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »
    BTW you do know it has been clear blue skies and 20+C ever since you left, right?

That would be just my luck alright.

Amazing Photo! I noticed you're not too far from Noblejas where I spent a lot of my childhood summers, where my dad's familly is. ( actually that depends where you are coming from heading to Manzanares)

That's near Aranjuez, isn't it? We're on the northern side of Madrid, in Tres Cantos.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    That would be just my luck alright.
    OK guys, just need to keep up the deception, in to the sun tan parlours for the lot of us in preparation for Tonto's return.

Advertisement