Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflexology Diploma

Options
  • 15-08-2008 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

I have been looking into reflexology courses for some time now. I am interested in one may be run locally in September.

http://www.reflexology.ie/Reflexology_Schools_in_Leinste.525.0.html

It is affiliated to the Irish Reflexologists' Institute Limited. Can any one give me advice regarding this. they seem very recognised. I am not sure who the examining body are though. I presume ITEC? any information or advice would be great. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Amatouch

Hi Okigirl,

This institute is an umbrella organisation for reflexologists all around Ireland - You can complete the course in any School & College accreditated by the Institute and you will gain full recognition by fellow peers and the general public when you pass the Diploma -

You can also start with ITEC Diploma if you are not coming from a Nursing background, it will be easier -

I recommend you visit my blog at www.amatouch.blogspot.com - I have listed schools/college in Dublin on the side bar menu and at the bottom of the blog the Association and Bodies you may wish to join once you are qualified.

Please feel free to leave a comment on any of my posts - If you are a student you can visit the sites mentioned on side bar menu to give you an idea and study anatomy and physiology on line etc ...

Good luck and pass on the message;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

thank you Amatouch, this is very informative. I love your blog and will visit again. Keep up the good work. I suppose I really need to know which is the most recognised organisation to become a member of or does it matter once you have done an accredited course?

Thanks okigirl and all the best;-)

:pac:Hi okigirl,

Thank you for your email - When you visit my blog again I would appreciate if you could leave a comment in one of the post you find most relevant to you - All you need to do is double click on the "0 comment" at the bottom of each articles (post) and say what you want to say -

Keep in touch and good luck for the future - Reflexology is a beautiful healing art - I am sure you saw the link to http://www.nationalreflexology.ie/ - It is the main reflexology professional body in Ireland and they have a listing of all the accredited school and college-

Please feel free to recommend my blog page www.amatouch.blogspot.com, to your peers and friends who might have an interest in holistic massage and reflexology.

All the best;-)

Catherine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moonbeam9999

Hi all, making an enquiry about reflexology,it seems impossible to get dvds on the subject,any recomendations?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

What are you looking for in a dvd?

To learn from it?

What are you looking for in a dvd?

To learn from it?

I have all the books and clear illustrated diagrams but a practical hands on guide dvd would be a good help,like on u tube.:p

So are you qualified in it?

if you want to practise it, you should be qualified in doing so otherwise you can potentially harm people. I know myself from being a therapist that doing something the wrong way can harm people.

If you're interested, why not do a course in it and learn the science behind it. its not just as simple as it being a foot massage

So are you qualified in it?

if you want to practise it, you should be qualified in doing so otherwise you can potentially harm people. I know myself from being a therapist that doing something the wrong way can harm people.

If you're interested, why not do a course in it and learn the science behind it. its not just as simple as it being a foot massage

Did I say anything about practising it?,Im not stupid,dont be so quick to take the wrong meaning when reading.

I am clearly asking from a qualified therapists point of view. I was seeing what help I could give you from the resources I have, which include dvd's.

it's not easy to get a dvd on it because it's complex

• Advertisement

Hi ya Moonbeamer9999, I don't think lil'smiler was being defensive or intent on offending so, chill. However, she is correct about you could do harm if you do not know hat you are doing. Preharp an evening course would be better than dvd's. It would enable you to work on yourself and family member is a basic way? This is only a suggestion!

Oh and if you have any appropriate answers to my question which I posed in my thread I would much appreciate it. As you have jumped on board I presume it is also strenghtening the need for a separate 'alternative healing/health' forum.

Cheers and good luck.

okgirl wrote: »

Oh and if you have any appropriate answers to my question which I posed in my thread I would much appreciate it. As you have jumped on board I presume it is also strenghtening the need for a separate 'alternative healing/health' forum.

Cheers and good luck.

Thanks Okgirl!

I totally agree about a forum for our sort of thing. I was talking to a girl yesterday who was looking for someone for insurance for her holistic massage, she ended up putting it in the Fitness forum coz she had no idea where to put it.

In Forums Approved/Rejected, there was a thread but others seemed to think different to what I thought they meant. I think A kind of holistic or alternative therapies forum is great. People are regularly asking where they can get massages/do massage courses! I'd fully support you if you wanted to campaign for one!

Ok everyone,

if you're interested I'd appreciate your support.

I've made a request in the forums to ask for an Alternative health forum. I'd really appreciate if you could back me up!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57210518#post57210518

Ok everyone,

if you're interested I'd appreciate your support.

I've made a request in the forums to ask for an Alternative health forum. I'd really appreciate if you could back me up!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57210518#post57210518

+1 from me. I am keeping an eye on the other thread requesting a similar forum. 'Mind, body & Soul'

Maybe one forum to suit all alternative therapies would be good??

So any one interested in mind, body & soul therapies could exchange information and have discussion. It seems to me that there is a lot of genuine need for this considering that we all have to post on forums we deem as close to our suject as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Please don't be taken in by reflexology. It is a quack therepy with no basis is science or reality. It's practitioners are, at best, ignorant of human physiology and natural physics and, at worst, liars, thiefs and charlatans.

But don't take my word for it. research it, here are some links to GOOD articles about it.

http://skepdic.com/reflex.html

http://www.ncahf.org/articles/o-r/reflexology.html -William Jarvis, Ph.D.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/reflex.html -Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Each of these links provide many sound references.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lip gloss

I am doing the diploma in reflexology at the moment. The practical side going
    well so far, but the study!!! I am finding the anatomy and phyosology part very
    difficult. It is the IRRI exam, so if any of you have done this exam in recent years
    please give me any advice or even any questions that may have came up for you.
    Every little helps!!
    Thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

lip gloss wrote: »
    I am doing the diploma in reflexology at the moment. The practical side going
    well so far, but the study!!! I am finding the anatomy and phyosology part very
    difficult. It is the IRRI exam, so if any of you have done this exam in recent years
    please give me any advice or even any questions that may have came up for you.
    Every little helps!!
    Thanks.

I currently looking in to doing a Diploma part-time - can i ask where you are you doing this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Leticia Santos

Anyone here know about Gold Egg Holistic courses in Port Loise??? I live in Dublin, but my husband's family is in Port Loise so It could be hand for me ???

Advertisement