Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Query

Options
  • 15-08-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am from UK and moved over to Dublin for a temporary 6 month work contract in April.

In February I bought a vehicle in the UK, which still remains in the UK.

The job has been offered to me on a permanent basis, and if I take it I want to bring my car over. Cos I have been working here since April and paying tax does that mean I can get VRT exemption even though the car has been in UK.

Also do the VRO have access to the PAYE systems, as I do still have a registred UK address and still pay bills in UK and could therefore claim that I am just new in to the country and get exemption anyway. Risk though if all systems linked and can see I have been working here since April.

Advertisement