Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 200 and going online

Options
  • 15-08-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭

I just bought a Garmin 200w on the spur of the moment, having seen one working in a friend's car. Now I'm trying to get my head around how to use it. The threads here are proving helpful.

BUT...

The only lead I got was for the car's cigar lighter. I gather that the Garmin end is some kind of USB. There is no lead supplied that fits my PC USB port. Should I have one? Is in an optional extra (i.e. do I have to pay for it)?

I have the latest maps, but obviously that will change. When the time comes, I want to be ready.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Any old bog-standard mini-USB cable will do, such as one from a digital camera, there's nothing special about the Garmin one. If you haven't got one, you can get one in any computer or electronics shop such as Peats or Maplins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Thanks, Alun.

I just checked all my USB bitsa, and none of the leads fits. So I'll have to enter the co-ordinates of Maplin's and navigate my way there.

Advertisement