Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 service problems?

• 15-08-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi all, am having real problems with service from three at the min. Most of the time I cant make a call out, with a second of me trying to dial a number, the call disconnects. No one can get through to me and texts are only leaving the phone sporadically. Rang three (had to pay for the priviledge) and they are convinced that there is nothing wrong with the service and it is a hand set problem. Am using a Viewty, is there a record of this happening with this phone or (more likely) are three in denial about service problems?
    What also has been happening is that the signal will drop out and when i try to do a manual network search it will show 3 but when i select it, it says not registered
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

swampy353 wrote: »
    they are convinced that there is nothing wrong with the service and it is a hand set problem

regardless of the issue, be it a text failing to send or the every mast in the coutnry simultaneously exploding, 3 customer care will try to convince you it's a handset problem

they once refused to help me unless i logged my phone in for repair first despite the fact that the same thing was happening to dozens of boards users and it was happening with my sim card in 3 different phones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

I know what you mean, will bring it in for repair either way, have a spare phone at home and live close enough to a three store. Sam are you still on 3/having problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

swampy353 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, will bring it in for repair either way, have a spare phone at home and live close enough to a three store. Sam are you still on 3/having problems?

no i'm not on 3 anymore so i can't say whether this specific problem is handset or network related, i just wanted to point out that just because 3 say it's a handset issue, doesn't mean it is because they say everything is a handset issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its a network problem they have, something just not right with it. The amount of dropped calls and change is signal levels is so bizarre. Where i live i get normally full signal 3g, but sometimes its stays at 2 bars then nothing, wont let you make a call, 'no network coverage' I have even noticed it lately going to plain gsm.

Its not a handset issue, i have used it in a lot of handsets, sim free and 3 branded ones and still the same. When they first started here i thought they weren't going to be a high quality network but they haven't improved at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I used to have the problem of having to dail numbers twice before they would connect. Has not happened in ages,presumed they sorted the problem......obviously not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Having the exact same problems down in Portlaoise, its not your phone 3 told me there aware of the problem and are working on it but it could take another 5 or 6 working days before its fixed. They didn't even try and convince me it was my phone shocking...

Advertisement