Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gents hats?

Options
  • 15-08-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Tried a forum search for this, but no joy. Where can I find a good selection of casual hats in town? Not really interested in baseball hats or beanies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

What sort of casual hat? Slouchy hats that every crustie in town displays, fisherman hats that were all out during Oasis fever?..the Hat shop in the Eyre Square centre sells hats,(yes, it's true!) but might be a bit touristy (bainin style)

Have you tried Topshop? Granted you will pay an arm and a leg but..dunno wher else to suggest, army navy maybe? Even good old Penneys...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Yeah, those (greek?) fisherman hats, peaked hats (not baseball), ear-covering hats, boonies, pork-pie hats, etc. etc.

I had a quick look into The Hat Shop in the Eyre Sq. Centre maybe a week or two before race week, and all I could see were wedding/racing hats for the ladies. Turned on my heels and walked out. I've seen Panama hats in Pennys and Baseball hats and beanies in Dunnes, but that's about all.

Where are all the hats?

Edit: Army navy is worth a shot alright, hadn't thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You should try asking in the Hat forum

I'd know a few places in Dublin that you could get a more interesting hat, but I don't know about Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

The Saturday market by St Nicholas' does some smart ones.

You should try asking in the Hat forum

Aha! Looks promising. Cheers monkeyfudge.

• Advertisement

The Saturday market by St Nicholas' does some smart ones.

Nice one. I'll check it out in the morning.

Advertisement