Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home insurance?

Options
  • 15-08-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi- I had a flood in my kitchen and got insurence company around to look at it. Basically will cost 2000 to fix floor as tiles are over wet wooden floor. My question is if I claim what is my yearly insurance likely to go up by? I have asked the insurance company but they wont tell me unitl rewnal date. any guesses??

Comments

Hi,

For a 2 grand claim, I would say that your house insurance is unlikely to increase at renewal.

There may be a general 'across the board' increase because of the amount of claims being experienced this year but I do not think that you will be 'penalised' for making the claim.

As far as I can recall, you will also have the opportunity to take the business elswhere as 2,000 would not be considered that significant a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 chuckin007

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

chuckin007 wrote: »
    Hi- I had a flood in my kitchen and got insurence company around to look at it. Basically will cost 2000 to fix floor as tiles are over wet wooden floor. My question is if I claim what is my yearly insurance likely to go up by? I have asked the insurance company but they wont tell me unitl rewnal date. any guesses??

some insurers now offer a no claims discount similar to on car insurance. obviously you would lose this discount in the event of a claim (if your insurer offers a no claims discount of course)

Also some insurers might refuse cover if you have experienced flooding. Others might impose terms and conditions such as covering all claims except further flood claims or imposing a higher excess. It differs from insurer to insurer. Always read the policy T&Cs BEFORE you buy!

Advertisement